• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share link for developers – with layout grid enable borders of elements are not displayed

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i share a link for developers and hover over elements (for example area text) a border is displayed. If i click on this element more specs appears...

But if i have the layout grid enabled all this informations are not displayed anymore. And it is not possible to recognize the allignment of elements to the grid in many cases.

Why isn't this possible anymore? I remember a time this worked.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 10.58.40.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Sorry for the delay in response, Kai. I am afraid, as of now, this is working as expected however I understand there is always a scope of improvement in such workflows so I'll recommend you posting a new UserVoice request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for writing us, I am checking with the team whether this is a bug or as designed.

Will update you soon.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. I am afraid, this behaviour is expected. Having said that, I agree there is always a scope of improvement in such workflows, so, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by upvoting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/37329913-layout-gr...

As of now, we do have an option to toggle the layout grid in the shared link. I'd recommend turning off the layout grid if required in such scenarios.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

thanks for your reply. But the postet link to the request doesn't adsress my needs. To be a bit more specific to my concern i attached additional a Video and Screenshot.

1_actual-behavior.mp4: the current behavior if i inspect elements with disabled layout grid and if i enable the layout grid (it's not possible anymore to inspect elements with enabled grid. Turning off the grid does not really help because i think it is more handy to see element borders with the grid together).

View Video 
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/8e9ac136-8b23-49df-48fe-e26485cc4ea7

2_Expected-behavior.jpg: The behavior to inspect elements with disabled layout grid should be the same like enabled layout grid.

2_Expected-behavior.jpg

I'm looking forward and hope this has brought some clarity.

Best regards,
Kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response, Kai. I am afraid, as of now, this is working as expected however I understand there is always a scope of improvement in such workflows so I'll recommend you posting a new UserVoice request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines