• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-"Update Link" and existing prototype link are missing in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My existing prototype link which I had shared with the devs is missing. I only have "Manage Links" and "New link" options available.

The "Update link" button is missing too.

When I click "Manage Links" I can see the existing link on the Adobe Assets webpage that opens up. Then why is it not available from my Xd file? 

I didnt know whats going on so I proceeded to create a new link. But the same thing has happened to the new link too. I dont want to keep creating new links.

This was all working fine until the March 2020 update.

P.S. A bit ironic if the Experience Design software updates dont go through a usability testing before rolling them out.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

That shouldn't be the case. Unlimited publishing options are available right now to both free and paid users. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support teams https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble updating the existing links in XD. We would like to know if you have renamed this particular file by chance. Is it happening with this specific file or all the files? What is the OS and XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent renamed it. I 'permanently deleted' all the other published files thinking it maybe because I am only allowed to have one published file.

Xd Version: 28.1.12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shouldn't be the case. Unlimited publishing options are available right now to both free and paid users. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support teams https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, in the Share view, there is no "Update Link" button, nor a Link Access dropdown.  Just the link and View Setting. I have followed some of the suggestions, but most are out of date with the current version of XD. Nothing has worked, which is why I am contacting for suggestions.

OS - 10.15.7 Mac

XD - 33.1.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to get the option to update the link in XD. Would you mind telling us if it's happening with new file as well? Is it happening with a specifc file or all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Everytime I rename my file (I update the file extension to rename it to add the date of the latest version), Adobe doesn't recognize it as the same file and I only have the option of creating a new link when I need to override the changes in the previous link. This is a very big inconvenience as it means stakeholders have to track multiple links - it's very confusing. 

So should I not be renaming the file to prevent this from happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.

This occur after 4 times updating the link. The 4th time says error and then I tried again and worked. Today, after doing changes, I tried to update the link, This option is no longer available, instead, I just can create a new link.

Do you have the solution?

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines