• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-Why are the prototype links are loading too slow in XD?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I share my Xd project with a client, the link provided by you are too slow, At first, I thought it could be the resolution of my images, so I did resize all of them to a very basic resolution, however, the slow loading is still persists. this is very annoying for clients and also for the designer.
Can anyone give me any advice? is this happen to all of you guys?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble loading the links in XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the size of the file that you are sharing?
  • Is it happening with all the links that you share that are taking long to load or with this specific file?
  • Have you tried opening the links in any other browser?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for ask,

What is the size of the file that you are sharing?

The majority links I shared are similar to this one

https://xd.adobe.com/view/4c3bdf5c-864e-46c4-6fa7-511f2dcc8452-3a0a/?fullscreen&hints=off

Is it happening with all the links that you share that are taking long to load or with this specific file?

A: Yes this is happening with all Project links. Approximately 18 seconds to open. then sometimes to access another page takes 3 to 5 seconds or more.

Have you tried opening the links in any other browser?

I opened it in different browsers even internet explorer and the range varies only for 2 seconds less.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone on our team has the same problem. Developers are complaining about how slow everything loads... we have had to export to PDF, which defeates the purpose.  Our Prorotypes typically have 10 pages but even just a couple pages feels laggy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue. This is a recent problem, I would say the past 5 days have been particularly poor. This has been tested in both Chrome and Safari and we are finding that the load speed on average is 15 minutes for a 5 page propotype.

Currently unable to use XD prototyping for our clients, this is really poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still facing this issue, can you share your links with me over a private message for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.. Tooks around 5-10 seconds to load the hotspots/links.. design is already loaded 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. Desktop web page, only 3 artboards, takes over 3 minutes to load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the link, so I can verify it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the link with us, so we can verify it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I got the same problems! 

What's more, it also got the same problem of another post: it can only be opened on the desktop browser 

(took some time to be opened); but cannot be opened on the phone (tried both safaris, chrome in devices such as iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 6, Samsung and LG).

I send you link in private message, pls check, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the answer.
Yes, here is the link.

Last year I was working with that file and had no problem. This year pick up that file to make modifications, and add animations in some parts. I also understand that as I import everything from Illustrator, I have many formats and layers that could slow down the loading and viewing process. But the strange thing is that before it did not happen. I'm still cleaning everything anyway.

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending the Preview link 🙂

I tested the preview on my desktop (MacBook, Catalina, Safari, everything up to date), and it took about 25 seconds to load. The first 10 seconds look promising; the spinner turns quickly, but then comes to a halt, moves again a bit after 10 more seconds, halts again for another 5 seconds, and then the first artboard (the splash screen) stumbles onto the screen.
However, all further taps in the preview respond swiftly, with no poblems. 

On the mobile phone (iPhone 8, all up to date) a similar pattern occurs, but after 25 seconds of waiting, moving, waiting, moving, another 10 seconds pass, and then an error is displayed (see below).

On my tablet (an oldie, iPad Air 2, but with everything up to date), the pattern repeats but muuuuchchchh slloooowwer. After a few MINUTES (I almost gave up) the spinner disappears and I see a flash of the splash screen, which dispappears again and returns after another minute or so. The spinner in between is hardly turning. But then the splash screen returns, and becomes interactive ! The rest of the preview is quite responsive again.

So the MacBook and iPad succeeded in starting the preview after respectively a long and veeerryyy long while. The iPhone just gave up:

IMG_5011.PNG

Hope this helps diagnosing the problem. The size of the file itself doesn't seem very large to me. Or have you been using super hi-res pictures for that fabric on the splash screen and other products ? They might take a while to load from the Adobe servers and eventually render in the browser engine, and they can even be too much for certain browser configurations...

Maybe you'll allow me a sneak peek into the original file ?

BTW, my Internet speed is constantly around 280 Mbps, so that can't be a hindrance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, 

Really really really appreciate for your prompt reply and analysis on this special moment and not to mention Saturday afternoon 🤗

Your guess is just like what I am speculating. I also uploaded it to Zeplin for checking the file.

The first 2 boarding pages are missing in Zeplin as well.

Here is the screenshot of the files:

Screenshot_boarding page1.pngScreenshot_boarding page2.png

I made the pattern by repeat the grid from XD in a super tiny pixel 3x3.

However, may I ask one more question, normally, the app design wouldn't support such a tiny grid pattern?

If it is the cause, I might need to adjust the design of the landing page.

Thanks Peter for your time on detecting this issue for me 🙂

Rosie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, I came to that same conclusion 🙂

What a whopping Repeat Grid that is !

I removed it from that splash page (and elsewhere) and your puppy is flying again...

Also try to bring down the images a notch in resolution and empty space around it.

Large files also slow down the process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try designing the pattern in Illustrator and bring it in as a PNG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, the repeat grid is amazing right 😂
Thanks for your GREAT advice.

I will redesign that on Illustrator for sure.

Thanks once again for your great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Especially when I view the design link on my mobile browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But perhaps not the same cause...

Could you please tell and preferably also show a little more of your design ?

Or even better: give the link to verify it. I don't have a crystal ball or something... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The team has logged a bug for this issue and is working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So, this thread is locked: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/share-why-are-the-prototype-links-are-loading-too-slow-in-xd...

However, it doesn't seem like it was ever resolved. We're having this problem with all of our designs and it's a real challenge showing prototypes to customers. I noticed that some Adobe folks chimed in and privately requested files, but nobody ever claimed the issue was fixed. Please advise. We cannot post our proprietary designs in public, but I'd be happy to share privately. Hopefully, somebody can help with this, as this a real problem. 

Thank you - Matt

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are having trouble with prototype loading very slow. The thread was  locked because in past there was an outage which affected prototype not loading and instead of replying to all the posts we have merged all the outage related post to a single post. We have unlocked the thread now. 

However, could you please share the prototype link with me over a private message so that I can test at our end? What is the OS and XD version of your machine? 

Note: Please share the url of the post with me over a PM for reference.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Harshika. I will send you a private message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines