• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share XD presentations with non-Adobe users?

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to share the presentations we are working on with people that don't have Adobe accounts? I understand we can send them links, that works, but the presentation is muted and can't be heard by anyone not logged in. 

So far I've tried the "User Testing" and the "Presentation" modes to generate links, but both keep prompting the people that receive it to log in to Adobe in order to hear the audio. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Hi John/Deon,

I totally understand your concern and I agree that there is always a scope for improvement in such workflows. We have received a similar request in the past and on our XD UserVoice Page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38909671-voice-speak-and-voice-speach-playback-not-needing

In this above UserVoice request, our Engineering team did explain the reason why we require login for use of voice/speech features. Please refer to the co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If the prototype includes audio then for security reasons, to preview the prototype with audio we do need to sign in with Adobe Account. For the prototypes, without any audio, we can preview the prototype on the browser without signing in. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rishabh,

I'm a bit confused though. Playing audio compromisies security? Not understanding how that works, but I'm no hacker.

But, If audio can compromise security, I'm not sure we should be creating any content that includes audio! Man this changes everything, I had no idea this was a thing! Now I'm worried my presentations could be harming someone's device, they all have audio. Short of deleting all of the audio in our presentations, is there anyway we can check to be sure they don't contain nefarious audio, or other security risks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact question. I am trying to prototype a file with users that has the Speech Playback feature, but it won't play back for users unless they have an account... therefore I cannot test that interactivity at all and my test is a fail before I even get it to the users. Testers do not have Adobe accounts.

Why is this a security risk to not allow a test of the audio playback? If you can't test audio, then don't make it part of the program. Testing is core to UX and to not be able to test a core Interaction trigger is rather bothersome. Please fix this or remove it from the program. It is setting designers up to promise something that can be tested and then to fail and have to abort to a different UX app.

My food for thought as I sit in a situation where I now cannot test something that should work in XD and will have to rebuild some other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John/Deon,

I totally understand your concern and I agree that there is always a scope for improvement in such workflows. We have received a similar request in the past and on our XD UserVoice Page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38909671-voice-spe...

In this above UserVoice request, our Engineering team did explain the reason why we require login for use of voice/speech features. Please refer to the comment from the admin in the above UserVoice request.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. That's a real shame. Hopefully your team will be able to add that sometime soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that, it does describe it better. I couldn't find that when I searched before I posted, differnt verbage I guess, sorry for the duplicate.

Does this only apply to the computer generated audio or does it also block testers if I record and add the audio myself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. Sign in is needed if there is audio in the prototype. Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines