Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared Links stop working after licence of team mate was canceled

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we use shared links to share our created content with our clients. These links are often used / stay active for months. This week, a designer left our team and his account was stopped.

Now all of the links that he created during his work, stopped working and are no longer accessible by our clients. Attached error messages is displayed. 

Is there a way where I, or an admin, can manage all the links that have been created - transfer them to my account and reactivate them? 

TOPICS
Data loss , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @saschah29114920,

Thank you for reaching out, and thanks for sharing the screenshot. It looks like they are password-protected links and not public links. You need to check with the designer for the correct password to open the links.

Only the stakeholders with a valid password can access the shared design spec or prototype. After password links are published, you cannot change their link access settings. However, if you want to change the link access settings, then you must create a new link.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

Thanks for your reply, but its not really fitting my problem.

I know the links are password protected and I do have the right passwords. They worked on tuesday, and they stopped working on wednesday. 

The question is: why do the links stop working after a co-workers licence is not active anymore. The created links should not be bound to a single licence, but to a team. It can't be normal that access is lost, when parts of my design team change. 

Is there a way to get back access to these links? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elaborating, @saschah29114920. Do you have the designer Adobe ID associated with all the links? Is the account already canceled/closed? Was it a personal or business account?

If the account is already closed/canceled, I am afraid to say that it's difficult to recover or transfer the links to someone else.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was a business account and yes it is already canceled / closed. 

We now recreated all the links manualy.

Can you please inform me: What is the correct way to handle sitiations like this in the future? If a designer in my team creates links - for styleguides or prototypes to share them with a client - how can I ensure they will not be deactivated if a designer leaves my team? What is the correct workflow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @saschah29114920,

In the future, if any member of the team leaves the organization. Please ensure to save the local copies of the XD file and take the backup of every asset.

You can check this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/leave-organization.html, which might help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines