• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing a single artboard

Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever I do, if I share an artboard that already has interactions to other artboards, the rest of the artboards are accessible from the created link.

Is there a way to share a SINGLE artboard without having to undo all my interactions or creating a new file with just one artboard? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd duplicate the artboard and create a new flow. You still need to remove the outgoing wires from the artboard but the duplication is quick with one key stroke (Cmd/Ctrl + D)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that I need to duplicate every single artboard that I want to share individually?

So basically whatever number of artboards my project has will be double. While this is not good at all, it could be a workaround but...it creates a bunch of other issues.
XD is not particularly efficient as files grow in size. It becomes sluggish and unresponsive so doubling the number of artboards is hardly going to improve my workflow.

I tried saving a new file with just the artboard I need but although I've published a library from the original file, the new file is not linked to it, how do I fix that? I really don't want to end up with a whole host of files that don't share their assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be you can export the artbaord to an image file if you don't want to show any other artboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While that could be a workaround it defeats the object of building components and having a linked design system as a single source of truth. That source of truth becomes invalid and all the apparent capabilities of a cloud-based environment become redundant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines