• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show grid layout in the development share link

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a way of sharing the layout grid view of my designs with my development team. The grid doesn't display when I share in the development view setting even if it's turned on on the designs. I also can't find a way to export a PNG/pdf of the design showing the grid. At the moment I'm having to work around this by screenshotting the designs with the grid overlay but this means they are really low Res. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on my end and it seems to be working so could please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. We currently only have an option to share the prototype only with a layout grid, we don't have the option for a square grid.

Regarding exporting designs to pdf with the grid, I am afraid, we don't have the option for that as of now however we have received a similar request

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on my end and it seems to be working so could please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. We currently only have an option to share the prototype only with a layout grid, we don't have the option for a square grid.

Regarding exporting designs to pdf with the grid, I am afraid, we don't have the option for that as of now however we have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice and I'd request you to please upvote this: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/19069546-show-the-...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this can be achieved at this point. The grid is only visible within Xd, and not in the prototype links, or .png export. A workaround would be to just recreate the grid using actual lines, aligned with your grid, and put them on top of everything else. They will then export fine along with the rest of the design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread but, I'm providing an update for anyone that finds it.

You can turn on the grid overlay if you click on 'view specs' in the right side panel of the development preview link (under comments). You'll need to scroll down past all the character styles etc until you see the toggle switch for layout grid.

layout grid - adobe xd.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Cameron5D91 ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution. I am sure it will help other community members. We really appreciate your participation here.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines