Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slice tool

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team,

I am looking for Slice Tool in Adobe XD, Slice tool available in present version ? I am UI Designer new to XD, need slice tool for Assets. Please update answer ASAP. without Slice tool how we can do Export Assets with Proper way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

I see what you mean. The suggestion is to have a new slice tool in XD like we have in Ps or Ai that allows to create images with custom sizes. That is very helpful future that use all web designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for using Adobe Xd

You can submit your idea regarding slice tool to Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Can you also clarify what you mean when you say "Export Assets with Proper way."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am familiar with Sketh & Figma tools from Last few Years, Recently I started use Adobe Xd.

Export Assets with Proper Way: For example i created icon width 20 pts & height 30 pts, I uploaded same icon into Zeplin for Developers. but here problem is xd not given Slice tool feature, If Figma & Sketch have slice tool I will convert same icon into proper Square shape like 30 pt & 30 pts which should be higher amount of icon size.

Without Slice tool icon size should be not proper. Please check attached image for your reference. if any other good solution let me know I am ready to learn.

Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 11.24.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. You can also export the file into SVG format as mentioned in this article  Learn how to export production-ready assets from Adobe XD to PNG, SVG, JPG, and PDF files. and then make changes to the design.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May be your not getting my point for about Slice tool, Slice tool most proper way to create assets with Proper dimensions. If i will download icons from any thirdy party webistes like Flaticon or iconfinder will get proper dimensions like width & Height should be same if icon size different also. In Adobe Xd after export assets developers can't get proper icons. If icon created 1x size with Height 25 and width 15, it will convert into 2x 50 height & width 30 and 3x size is 75 height & 45 width right ? but when will use with Slice tool 1x size is 25 x 25, 2x size is 50x50 and 3x size is 75x75, i hope this is Proper way to create assets for developers according to my experience, if anything went wrong from my end let me know. please attach image again below for your reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. The suggestion is to have a new slice tool in XD like we have in Ps or Ai that allows to create images with custom sizes. That is very helpful future that use all web designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Finally your understood my Point Ares Hovhannesyan​

Dear adobe team Adobe XD Adobe Creative Cloud

1. Kindly add Slice tool in XD asap. Most important feature for UI Designers & Web Designers.

2. Multi tabs opening like PS & AI ( present Version we can't work multi windows at a time)

3. For Text Gradient Apply without Path Convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SathishDevasani,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I hope you have shared the same on our UserVoice page mentioned by Ares in # post 1. If yes, please share the link with us here, so that we can also keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a slice tool available yet? Or any workaround to achieve the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the newest edition of Photoshop but hidden in an unlikely place. Check your tools and look for the Perspective Crop Tool. The slice tool is a subcategory there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic is regarding Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slice tool has been part of the Photoshop toolbox for over 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANY DAY NOW WITH AN ACTUAL ANSWER. I swear XD is so underdeveloped still to this day, its insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have not noticed, but XD's development as all be stopped. With the purchase of Figma, Adobe reduced their effort on the product dramatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines