• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOLVED: Adobe XD cannot open files in the "folder" format

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered an issue with Adobe XD that pertains to files that are saved to the local hard drive (to be clear, this is NOT an issue with files saved to the cloud).
The Issue: If the ".xd" file is saved in a folder that uses the question mark character (?) in its name, then Adobe XD will report the error "The document "your-document-name.xd" could not be opened. XD cannot open files in the "folder" format."
The Solution: This issue is easily resolved if you rename any "offending" folder name replacing the "?" character(s) with another "valid" character.
Notes:
- After I found the solution, I tested several other "special" characters in folder names, but my testing did not reveal any other characters that resulted in the error mentioned above. I certainly didn't test every "special" character, so there may be other characters that cause this issue.
- It may be important to mention that I experienced this issue using Mac OS. I have not tested to see if this issue can be duplicated on a machine running the Windows OS.
- It is also important to mention that the XD application only presented the error mentioned above when I attempted to open the ".xd" file from a thumbnail in the "Recent" payne of the Adobe XD "Design. Prototype. Share." window. When I double-clicked the actual file in the Finder, the file opened normally, and without issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the solution that helped you fix the issue with the XD file. It will definitely be helpful for any customer facing a similar issue.

Please feel free to reach out for any assistance in the future. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines