Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some elements disappear when publishing the prototype

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Today I've been troubleling with the publishing prototype option. Everyday after I finish my work, I publish everything done for sharing it. Today, when I was checking it out, some elements from the design disappeared. I openned the document once again thinking I just maybe deleted them unintentionally but, they were there and they also appear using the preview option. I already tried creating a new link and pasting again these elements but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Had the same problem today, prototype working perfect then the chevrons disappearing on export. I remade them as a path in the file instead of a text element and when I shared them as a link they appeared as normal, not sure if this will be any help for you but thought I would post it just incase, very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Is it possible for you to share the file with us so that we can test it on our end? If yes, please add the file to cloud storage, and then you can share the link either here or you can send a private message to me by clicking on my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue. Some objects just don't appear in preview or in the share link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, we'll try our best to help you with it. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. The elements which are missing are they under the same artboard or they are on different artboard?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a few screenshots of how the prototype looks on the XD app preview and on the web?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experienceing the same issua as "bhopkin". 

1. My operationg system is Windows !0 Pro 64-bit, XD is updated to version 33.1.12

2. The missing elements are on the same artboard 

Dominique5E94_0-1602764028589.png

in design mode

Dominique5E94_1-1602764061342.png

In preview (the "Details" element is gone).

Dominique5E94_2-1602764119796.png

In browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting to regret choosing this over Figma. I spend most of my time rebuilding components only to have them explode or do weird things when I copy and paste them into other files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having this same problem. The white background on these artboards: https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae9bd4e9-3b4f-4381-b837-5a06714fe174-fbc8/grid shows at grid level but when I click into the artboards on Chrome version 84.0.4147.105 (64 bit), the white background is missing, though you can see a very faint trace of it. If I open the link in Edge it shows fine. I'm using version 31.2.12 of XD on Windows 10. Everything looks fine when I view it in the XD app and the app preview.

Can someone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the link with us. I tried to open the link at my end on chrome. Please see the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_11.png

It does look fine at my end. Is this is how it supposed to look like on browser? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've now discovered that the bug seems to occur depending on the width of the browser. So if I look at it on my laptop screen, which is 15 inch, it shows like this:

White background showing on smaller browser widthWhite background showing on smaller browser width

But if I look at it on my external monitor, which is 23 inch, it shows like this:

White background not showing correctly at greater browser widthWhite background not showing correctly at greater browser width

I've not played around with it yet to find the exact breakpoint that it disappears at.

Now that I know the above it's not blocking me, but it is definitely a bug of some form.

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elabrating. Would you mind changing the zoom % of the design on external monitor and see if it shows up fine? Like change it from 100 to 91 or 83% and see what happens.

You may also check the latest updates to the graphic card driver of the external monitor which might be causing the issue. Is it possible for you to check with someone using the dual monitor set up like you and see if they are experiencing the similar issue?

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered the same thing, that it looks good at my laptop, but at the external monitors some of the white "backgrounds" (filled squares) are just vaguely visible and "dotted" as yours. Happens with a lot of my files and have not found any other pattern than the monitor size. So when I have demos on teams I have to make sure I share the laptop screen with our clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We can surely test this on our end so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is it only happening when previewed on the external monitor? Have you tested on a different browser on an external monitor to see if there is any improvement?
  3. I'd also recommend changing the zoom% on the external monitor to see if the viewing experience changes or it's the same.
  4. If you have Windows OS, please ensure that the graphics card is up to date as per the manufacturer's website.
  5. Please share a few screenshots of how it looks on your end on the primary screen and on an external screen. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even i'm facing the same issue. Icons disappear or alignment mismatch in prototype (after creating links). I don't know why this is happening but I tried many solutions but didn't workout.

Note: I'm using Fontawesome Icons. 
XD Version - 34.2.12
OS - Mac
No External Monitor.

Let me know if someone could find a solution to this. 

TIA.adobexd_bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so while struggling with this again today, I noticed for some reason that "Fix Position When Scrolling" was on after pasting. I turned that off and it magically appeared in the preview window, where I had positioned it on the canvas. 

Hope this helps someone else losing their mind with this.

B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem today, prototype working perfect then the chevrons disappearing on export. I remade them as a path in the file instead of a text element and when I shared them as a link they appeared as normal, not sure if this will be any help for you but thought I would post it just incase, very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well, appreciate sharing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well, appreciate sharing it!
I have work with Emoji board on Mac, and I have place the emojis as type, but issue was in prorotype they were invisible. So I export that keyboard layout with Emoji-s to PDF and then open it AI, the Copy from AI and paste it in XD. It works for me. Emoji-s canot be converted in path inside XD. TNX for enlighten me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I landed here looking for an answer to this issue. I had a mask gone on one of the screens. I basically deleted the elements, imported the image to be masked, and created the mask from scratch.

I've been working in XD for years and I've experimented this issue twice a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an unofficial solution: if you convert the subject or elements that are disappearing into jpeg or png. It's might be appear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem, in my case two elementos don't appear in the shared link 😞 

Anyone knows if this problem already solved? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I don't know if this is going to help because it has been 2 years since you've posted your issue but i've had the same problem with elements disappearing from the preview mode. Meaning that this bug haven't been fixed yet i guess..

Usually for me it happens with grouped elements. The only think that works to make them re-appear is to ungroup everything and then you can group them again. 
Hope it helps !

Kind regards,
A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost 2022 and this has been happening with my prototypes on XD for 4 years. I used to delete the missing parts and replace them, but they just disappear again when user testing the website/app. This really needs to be sorted. We can't all shorten the artboards because they're obviously the length we've made them for a reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first issue was reported in 2018 and this is still happening. Im having the same issue... Elements disappearing in the prototype preview. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, some lines that doesn't show in prototype (by using the play button or by exporting it). I copy the art board, same problem with the new artboard.

I found a workaround : deleted those lines and redrew them... hard to do if you have a lot of elements like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's April 2022 and the problem is not yet addressed. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out, at least for myself. Move the blue bar (that denotes elements above/below the fold) to the footer. All of my links started showing all content (and content previously missing) after that adjustment. It's a workaround. Adobe needs to address the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines