• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spellcheck is not always working in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it turned on under the Edit menu but misspelled words are not underlined in red (see example in screenshot, the word "please" is misspelled but not underlined. When I try it again minutes later, it does have the red line, and then it disappears yet again.

I'm using XD version 28.6.12.3

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

A workaround I found is to export the artboard as a PDF, open in Acrobat and export as a Word file, and open in Microsoft Word to run spellcheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using spell checker in XD. We are unable to reproduce the same at our end and it worked fine. Please the attached screenshot.

We would suggest try signing out of XD and sign back in and also TURN OFF the spellcheck and TURN ON again. Let us know if that helps.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.01.17 PM.png

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's still not working properly — I type something wrong in a text frame, nothing happens. I click out of the frame, and then click back into it and highlight text. Only then does the misspelled word get the red underline. Too time-consuming if this is the only way it will work.

In a future release there should be a way to check spelling for the entire document, like in InDesign or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got you. Please raise a feature request using https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround I found is to export the artboard as a PDF, open in Acrobat and export as a Word file, and open in Microsoft Word to run spellcheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Nice to hear and thanks for sharing the workaround solution. This will definitely help our customers facing the similar problem.

We'd also request you to please share the link of your Uservoice request here for tracking purpose.

Stay Safe and Healthy at Home!.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added my comment to this feature request that already existed.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/40122613-spell-che...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thank you for upvoting the request and sharing the valid link.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just doesn't work at all. Tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work flow is suffering, due to the fact the spell checker is performing so badly.

I am very disspoontted with spelling issues, though we use XD almost everyday.

It is taxing to move back and forth from Word ot XD and check every button and design item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another thing that happened. When I turned the spell check off it started working. Weired stuff guys... What are you doing XD devs... What's going on with this spell check being ginxed. It seems like spell check is under some kind of reverse spell 🙂

Fix this and so many other bugs like coming out of text box is becoming a tremendous hassle and crashes the XD app often...

You guys really need to level up. things are moving fast and you guys are way behind...

No new exiting plugins... no new and more advance features that keep people using XD... very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the hell is this still not fixed?

Adobe expects people to open every artborad in a PDF because their program is so BROKEN??

LOL! 

I bet spellcheck works in FIGMA! #jussayin!

windows 10 work around OMG sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD v 47.0.22.9 

Adobe needs to impliment spellcheck similiar to InDesign. Flagging as you type when you simply copying/pasting things is ok for small things, but it's terrible when you are trying to execute an entire website. 

Figma's isn't much better without a plugin.

Clicking into each an every text box as a 'flag', is less ideal and has been inconsistant in our organization. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines