• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stack creates unlimited folders

Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this strange behaviour when I sometimes click "stack" on a group. A new group is created inside the first one but it doesn't allow me to specify spacing, the field for that is not there. I click stack again, it creates yet another group inside the second one and so on ad infinitum but no stack spacing is ever available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mowglivj,

Thank you for reaching out. I have heard of this issue before. I assume a Repeat grid would be better for pattern making and defining spaces between objects than stacks. Stack is used for rearranging objects in relation to each other. 

You may use plugins like Patter Maker and https://omata.io/arranger which will also help you make patterns.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Stack is used for rearranging objects in relation to each other. " that's exactly what I'm using it for...and it sometimes creates infinite nested folders instead as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is that it then?

Basically stacks have a major bug in their intended behaviour and the answer is to use a plugin instead?

I'm not trying to do any fancy arrangements, just design in the way that HTML intended, defining paddings and margins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines