Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Stuttering and generally poor performance on Ryzen

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem

• XD sttuters and lags (1 to even 5 seconds) everytime I create a group, copy - paste or duplicate something, and generally doesn't perform well given the hardware.

Specs

• Ryzen 5950x
  • X570 Aorus Master
  • RTX 3090 Aorus Master with latest drivers
  • Corsair MP600 NMVe SSD
  • 64GB Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz 
  • Windows 10 with latest updates

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing these problems, and I don't know if it's a hardware or a software issue.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, XD version is 31.1.12.5

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction 🙂

XD version is 35.1.12.5. I don't know why the "About" menu displayed dthat old version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on my hardwares as well on version 42.1.22.4. Poor permance when having multiple (20+) components that has multiple states in a prototype with not enven 10 artboards. Moving with keyboard, renaming and changing states is complete garbage and takes forever. I use a lot of components because I am prototyping something similar to an IDE and for some actions, a lot of states is used to represent the user iteraction flow.

I use other programs like Sketchup to build 3D things, normaly woodworking and it performs extremely good. Just Adobe fails to deliver the proper performance on XD.

Other thing I observed is that Adobe XD is single threaded, so a high IPC speed is what makes the difference. But my Ryzen 5000 series has a better IPC than Intel (until 12 gen is launched), so it is XDs optimization fault for this kind of poor performance.

My rig is:

- Ryzen 5600x

- 16 GB Ram 3200mhz

- Sata SSD 

- Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme

So, my PC is mid-high end.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Giancarlo5CFE,

We apologize for the frustration. We would request you to please update XD to 43 version as our team has fixed this performance issue with the latest updates.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines