• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style Guide Update Issue

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a style guide that is linked to my prototype with all the assets and styles. I made an update to change the line spacing for a specific link style. Once I published that update, it changed all the links in my entire prototype to say exactly what the link text is in my styleguide! Why is this happening? How can I fix it so it doesn't happen again? This is so frustarting takes so much time to go back and change the text on all the links!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amymcdo1217,

If you want to update please edit specific text, if you edit the character syle it will update all the charcter style which is using it.

Thanks and regards,
Chaitanya Shandilya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are misunderstanding what I am trying to say about the issue. I have other character styles...for example headers that say something generic in the style guide like 'H1 size 32px color 333366'. If I were to update the character style in my style guide to change the line spacing, it would not change the text everywhere in my prototype to say 'H1 size 32px color 333366'....it would just update the line spacing for all the instances, but the headers would remain whatever they were on each page. The issue with the text changing to match the generic text in the style guide has happened a couple times, not all the time. I need to know what's happenig to cause it to do this. It is causing too much extra work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines