Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing components from XD to Zeplin from a Library

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working in a team of 3 designers and 7 developers. We use XD for design and prototyping, and Zeplin for design-dev hand-off.

We've been building a design system in XD. We have shared it between the designers as a Library, which we use to design and prototpye in XD.

We've been exporting our final designs as screens from our XD files to Zeplin for design-dev hand-off. Now we also need to sync our reusable UI components between design and dev, and we're trying to do that via Zeplin.

As far as I know

- in order to have a shared UI component library in XD, it needs to be a cloud document

- in order to export components from XD to Zeplin, your component file needs to be saved as a local file

I don't have anything against saving the existing cloud document as a local file and export the components from there, but...

The question is, how can I export the components (and the screens) in a way that the componets are conneceted with the screens in Zeplin?

So far, I've only managad to connect componets with screens when I export everything from one single local XD document. But putting all our existing and future designs together with the design system in one local file is not really an option for us. It would become way too heavy and require too much manual work.

Is there a way to export components from one XD file (local) and screens from multiple separate XD documents (cloud and/or local) that are using the components from a shared library (cloud)? If not, what's the recommended workaround?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have escalated your questions to our product team so that they can take a look and answer. I will share their response with you as soon as I got a response from them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines