• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Scroll Bar Appears when Previewing with Scroll Groups

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrome_HK7RKUrMw5.pngWhen previewing on the web using the shared link or when embedded in a website a horizontal scroll bar appears whenever I use a scroll group. 

I have a vertical scroll group that fits within the bounds of the artboard and everything appears normally when previewing in XD. The scroll group still works and acts as it should but this issue appears every time I preview pages with a scroll group. Is there a way to hide the system's horizontal scroll?

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion which you can refer to here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-testing-on-device-incorrect-screen-size/m-p/953858...

Let us know if the suggestions shared on the discussion helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually does not help. Because the horizontal scroll bar is within the entire artboard. It is not scrolling incorrectly because of the browser.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/b01bd8d5-b337-46e5-b471-96a5c50ebd14-e548/?fullscreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wolverine,

Sorry for the delay in response. I would request you to please see the similar request raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/37651960--windows-... 

Please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but again not very helpful. 

My issue is that a scroll bar is appearing when there is nothing to scroll. All of the content fits horizontally within the main window and I'm utilizing scroll groups within XD. The system horizontal scroll bar is attached to my vertical scroll group. I'm not sure how else to explain this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too, its super annoying. Im using a Vertical only scroll group.. It doesnt matter how I scale the components within, it always appears.

martini38757035_0-1620942523332.png

Did you ever figure out a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same exact issue as well with no luck. Wonder if it's a bug. I'm using the PC version of XD, wonder if it happens on the Mac version as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on the PC version of XD.

Exactly the same problem. A horizontal scrollbar started appearing (only on web links), where it should not be, as there is no horizontal content to scroll. Previous iterations/exports of the file did not have a horizontal scrollbar. The scrollbar seems to have shown up out of the blue.

Nice to see there's neither fix nor acknowledgement of this bug over a year later.

Occasionally working workaround is:

1. Carefully observe your prototype views. If you're lucky, one of them will have an artboard that doesn't spawn this phantom scrollbar.
  2. Copy the scroll container from the artboard that doesn't have scrollbar issues.
  3. Replace the scroll container with issues, with the one without issues.
  4. Test, and hope that you got on the 50/50 lucky side.

Otherwise, there's no workaround that I found, and Adobe don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem today - also using a PC with windows. Using chrome to view the prototype.

I just figured out how to make it go away for me. My desktop's scale and layout was set to the recommended 125% (under "Display" in the system's "Settings"). I just set it to 100% and the horizontal bar went away. I set it back to 125% and the dastardly horizontal bar was back again.

It's gone for me, but of course I have no control over the resolution settings for anyone who might view my prototype, so who knows who's going to be seeing that bar, which is frustrating to think about.

I don't know if this would be the same for you folks, but I wanted to share my experience here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the workflow, @Daniel.UX. For testing purposes, could you please share the link with us so that I can check at my end on my windows machine? I will try to investigate more on this problem.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines