• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testing Mobile Prototypes - FULL SCREEN PREVIEW!!!

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm a Product Designer that works remotely, and I create Mobile App Prototypes that I need to test with random users and have them approved by the management team. Yet, Adobe XD is not offering an option for me to test my work on users's mobile devices withouth having those Testers be an Adobe Paid Subscription and added to my work - which is impossible to achive. 

I need to share the prototype links with the users for their testing and feedback - but users receive a link that open on a page with all the browser navigation bars and NOT IN FULL SCREEN as a Mobile App should be - they just can't test it!

How do you expect me to be able to Test my work or event get it approved by the manangement team withou having them to view the prototype on their own phones in Full Screen??  

Because this is not a solution:
IMG_0276.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StefanB.83,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. If I heard you right, you're experiencing a similar functionality mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13399041-full-scre... 

Please try the suggestion and let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @HARSHIKA_VERMA,
Thanks for getting back to me here. As you can see in my above screenshot the browser bottom navigation bar and top address bar are visible at all the time. Scrolling up and down will not make the browser navigation bars dissapear.

Again, the mobile preview link should open a browser page that check for the Adobe XD app in the phone. If Adobe XD is installed then open the prototype in XD in full screen without asking for a user account. I can ask my testers to install the Adobe XD mobile app - just to preview the prototypes. If the XD app is not installed in the phone then open in browser and hide all the navigation bars (top and bottom) so the prototype can stretch to Full Screen - as a Mobile App is supposed to look like!

That's all we need for proper testing. And please help us with this feature. I don't want to move to Figma or other design platforms, just because Adobe can't load a mobile prototype in full screen!

Screenshot_20220916_101857_com.brave.browser.jpg
Regards,
Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for elaborating on your request. We will make sure to share your feedback with the team to make improvements in the future. Meanwhile, you can post a new uservoice request and share the link with us here for tracking purposes.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Harshika, could you please help me with a link where I can post a new uservoice request?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StefanB.83,

Sure. Please see the uservoice link here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'd like to create full-screen prototypes to present to my clients, displaying only the content I've designed without white borders or browser UI. I'm new to Adobe XD and am wondering if this can be achieved.

I've searched the forum and noticed others attempting this for a few years, but I haven't found any clear instructions on how to accomplish it.

Is it possible to create full-screen prototypes in Adobe XD? If so, could someone kindly explain the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tracy Evans ,

Thank you for reaching out. You can preview the prototype in full-screen view. Please check this similar discussion. However, it won't be just the content since it would be opened on a browser, the address bar and browser tabs will also be visible.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rishabh, but with browser tabs and address bars showing, it's not what I would call "full-screen". So thanks for verifying that your product does not support full screen. Happily I have since found a different product that does actual full screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tracy, what product have you found that does Full screen preview? I may swich our company away from Adobe as well, they have too many little issues for years that they keep ignoring and I can't do my job properly because of them. Like this one with the mobile full screen preview, libraries of components that don't update automatically, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

figma.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines