• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Alignment Bugs + Typing Bugs - easily replicated, latest version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I highlight text boxes, and there's some that're left-aligned but some right-aligned, the alignments change. (In this instance, the right-aligned text becomes left aligned, every time).

Likewise, I just had a weird crash to desktop whereby I undid a few actions (namely text box alignments), and XD couldn't seem to figure out which alignment they were. I selected them, and the alignment started flickering constantly between right and left, until the software crashed.

And on this topic, I very often encounter a bug where I'm unable to type anything on XD. If a text box bugs out, it'll prevent me from typing anywhere - from renaming layers to changing values. (This is all on the latest version).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheChesterCat,

could you post screenshots or a short video? Does this problem occur with all files or just with a specific file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD_Bug.gif

Here's an example of the bug happening multiple times. It seems it's not 100% of the time. Perhaps it only occurs with layers of the same name (as you can see, this is occurring on pasted text boxes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth noting - when this happened last time and I hadn't used Undo to fix it (I'd instead just set them to Right Aligned again), when interacting with the text boxes that had been affected by the bug, XD couldn't work out what alignment was correct, so flickered between them until the software crashed to desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheChesterCat,

thank you for sharing a short video as requested and for providing more information. I couldn’t replicate your mistake. I tried several options, but nothing. I can advise you to uninstall the program via Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, this way corrupt files will also be deleted. Once the procedure is finished, install Adobe XD again and check if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the video. Please try the re-installing XD using the cleaner tool as suggested by Gianvitulano and in case if the issue still persists, we'll need to test this on a live session, so please contact us using this link https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines