• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is jumping/overalapping after exported to PDF from XD 47

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I try to export my project to PDF, some of the letters jump around and overlap, and the kerning is completely off. Are there a workaround to this problem? It seems to happen with the font San Francisco specifically. Other fonts exports just fine.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of these issues in PDF export. From what I understand, the issue has been fixed in an internal build and should be available in a future update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8/12/20 Update

Hello all.

I am having this exact issue with SF font not exporting properly into PDF format. The text looks fine in my XD file but when I export, the letters are smashed together or overlapping. I have the most up to date XD, have tried renaming the file as I export and even copying the contents onto a new artboard. However the issue of exporting a PDF from XD is still very buggy. I noticed it does not always do this with every export, but most of my files as of today are exporting not properly. I tried looking around to see if this has been addressed or if there have been any other solutions but have not found any.

The workaround I have found for now is copying the vector art from XD into Adobe Illustrator and exporting a PDF from that program. It is not the most quick solution but it works.

I hope this will get addressed again in the near future. SF font is the font used for iOS and the screens we work on are client facing to showcase this. Thank you.

~J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad there's in an incoming fix, but as of this post, the issue still persists. I'm working with iOS system fonts New York and SF Compact. This is super disappointing because XD is such a great tool for quickly assembling pitch decks – way faster the Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a manual fix for the bug?

It's 2021 and I'm still getting it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing bug error persists.

Kerning is completely off, exporting screen from XD to Pdf. 

Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Are you previewing the PDF on any native app or Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro DC? We'd recomend opening on Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat Pro DC.

We're here to help just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been experiencing the same issue: 

• XD version: 43.0.12.14 x64
  • macOS Big Sur 11.4 
  • Font: Inter

I found a workaround by applying tracking to the text, in my case -10. But event adding tracking of +1 seems to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there are still some issues with text exporting to PDF, I found the issue is when I'm placing bodies of text/paragraphs otherwise the text is fine. See screenshot. I'm using Adobe XD version 47.0.22.9Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 12.53.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultax5a0i6e40yn,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. We would like to know the name of the font you're using in your document. Does that happen with every file, every font?

Please share the details of your operating system.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This font is called Inter, it is a Google font, I have also used Futura with similar results in paragraph sections. It does not happen with every file or font, this is only the second time it has happened to me and I've done about a dozen layouts with various typefaces/fonts (I do website layouts in XD). I work on a MacBook Pro (2020 model) with Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. Could you please try to preview in Adobe reader or Acrobat DC intsead of native previewer app?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Google Font Roboto Slab:
XD:

1.png

PDF (zoom at 50%, 100%, makes nog difference):

2.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, the forn is Roboto.

I'm usint thin vesion, and when exporting in PDF it becomse regular...really annoyoing....

XD has still too many bugs for me to migrate away from Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Are you previewing the PDF on any native app or Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro DC? We'd recomend opening on Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat Pro DC.

We're here to help just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you guys still didnt fix it!!

Im having a problem right now with PDF export

Trying to export a file and selected the artboard but the PDF is showing only some layers or not correctly

where they should be or half images...

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue with Futura medium in my body text, the kerning is off on a lot of the words so it is very noticeable. I exported the artboard to PDF and opened in Adobe Acrobat, all my programs and OS are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still have the same issue with SF Fonts.

However I realized that the problem occurs only Adobe Acrobat DC, 
Foxit or Chrome PDF viewer shows PDF file same as XD

and the solution that works for me is : reduce the size a little bit from here https://online2pdf.com/ and done! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround, but can't believe they still haven't fixed this. I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's June 2022 and this problem still persist, at this point it can happens with any type of font, in my case I am using Open Sans. As Adobe hasn't fixed this bug and they only come here to say "I'm sorry!" I think the best solution is to move to Figma or any reliable app. This is a total lack of respect to everyone in this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yuri24703904r8l5,

We understand how frustrating it could be for you. I assume that the issue has resurfaced. I will try my best to investigate the issue again and will try to escalate the issue to the product team for further investigation. 

However, I would need a few more details from you in order to escalate it to them. Your info will help our team investigate the root cause.

• Please share the version of XD and the details of your operating system.
  • Please record a video of the issue and share it with us.
  • Does the problem only occur in Acrobat DC or other native previewer apps?
  • Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a Private message?

Note: Please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and its March 1st 2023. I was trying to export my files in XD and my futura fonts overlaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Annie27325505fmnj ,

I'm sorry you're having issues exporting your files in Adobe XD and encountering font overlap problems with Futura fonts. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening with specific or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file for testing? You can add the file to a shared location and then share the link through DM.

We're here to help - Just need more information.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same issue on MAY 2nd 2023. How is this possible? When exporting from xd to pdf and then opening in Adobe Acrobat, jumping or misaligned text. When I open it in a browser (windows edge) all seems fine. Its crazy that not native application can do better job then both products from Adobe.....
All Apps up to date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines