• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts in XD.

Advisor ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just a limited amount of fonts showing in my Xd font list, it occurs only in Xd and not in any other app. I'm using W10. I have no weird font manager tool or anything like that. My fonts are all valid OT and TT files. I read that I'm not the only one having this issue but seems to me that each issue is unique and that Xd struggles with fonts? What's up with this? Any progress?

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to us. It sounds like re-installing the missing fonts can work around the issue for you, so I would definitely recommend taking that approach while we continue to dig into this on our end. I was searching for similar issues, and it sounds like installed fonts may not always cleanly make the jump during a Win OS system upgrade (something along these lines).

We use the system font collection to list fonts in XD, and we have occasionally run into issues where that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Updates here? Seems the problem is still not solved yet, I am experiencing the same issue every day. Sometimes my fonts work, but mostly they don't. I then make as many system relaunches as necessary until finally everything works. That's annoying (and, in the end, expensive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the XD app solved my issue (of not all the font style from the font family being visible in XD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the font worked. This is an old issue, and it would be ideal if Adobe would fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.

I have Windows 10 with latest updates and the recent version of XD.

When I open a prototype, I get an alert about missing fonts, even though the fonts are installed (in a standard, manual way) and I can select them from the list in XD.

Example: Montserrat-Extra Bold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just noticed interesting thing. I'm using Windows 10 and FontBase as font manager.

Fonts installed on my drive (in folder "Fonts" in Windows files) works fine, but all of that activated by FontBase aren't visible. I wanted to work in XD so I've decided that I will simply manually install fonts that I need to design website on my conputer and funny thing happend.

After installing one font and turning off and on Adobe XD app, all fonts (including ones activated by FontBase) are avabible on list and I can use it. It works that way every time - after every rebooting of Windows I have to install one font to access all database. It looks to me like Windows are refreshing some kind of informations after installing fonts and XD uses that list instead of list of accually installed fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing happened to me. XD won't recognize my FontBase collection. Copied only 1 font from my font family to Windows 10 fonts folder, restarted XD, all my FontBase fonts are now usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check to see if the fonts are also available in WordPad? If they’re not available there, it’s a known issue with Windows – font managers that had fonts installed before an OS update to Win10 don’t migrate correctly. If you uninstall and reinstall the fonts, they should show up in XD. Let me know if that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid it's not that problem. I've just checked WordPad and all font are available there. In Adobe XD (last update) still missing.

I'm not sure if it will be helpful in any way but interesting thing is that in Chrome (or any other browser) fonts installed by FontBase isn't available as well (after clicking "inspect" and trying to change font-family manually by typing name). It seems that it works the same way - use the same list of fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'll have to join in to this complaint as well.

I'm on windows 10 and on Adobe XD version 7.0.12.9. I use Nexusfont to manage my fonts, i don't install fonts directory to my windows font folders but use Nexusfont to install my fonts from my personal font folder. Photoshop, Illustrator, and every other Adobe product, along with every Microsoft Office product find all my installed font. except XD.

Is there a solution for this? clearly XD is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway that this information could be embedded in XD? I know a TON of people that aren’t utilizing XD for this very reason. Especially when they cant use 3rd party extensions like Extensis Suitcase Fusion or FontExplorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problems with some of my fonts in XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fonts are showing up in word pad. But I've been trying to toggle activation on my fonts in FontBase and restart XD and computer for that matter and nothing is working. I do it over and over and over and sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. Typekit seems to work.

This is SUPER frustrating.

Not using a font management system is not really an option for me. It can really slow my computer down to have all of my fonts activated at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the sudden my fonts just showed up. The only thing I did was out of exasperation, I decided to see if I could find a similar font on Typekit and activated it. Then closed XD and opened again, and now my fonts are working. Who the hell knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Somethings must be broken with how you register the fonts within the app...

Every other Programm on our systems has the correct font list. but somehow xd didn't get the news...

That makes it currently not useable for production

We use fontbase as Fontmanager and are on XD Version 20.1.12.4 for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, even now, with 2020 version. What a pity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using Adobe Fonts in XD. We would like to know a few more details to investigate abour it.

• Would you mind telling if you are unable to see any activated fonts in XD or is it only with a specific font?
  • Have you tried deactivating and reactivating fonts?
  • What is the OS and XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem with a simple solution. 🙂
In Font Expert program right click in the missing font and select :Edit Font Properties and very funny way change font Family Name or add a word in the end font name. For example my missing font name is Handel Gothic , i change family name to Handel GothicB and very simply sloved this Adobe XD bug problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why dont' you guys ask the other Adobe ap teams how to do it, it's all under the same company, after all...

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 "Font Settings" use the "Add Fonts" there instead of just dragging them into c:\windows\fonts

this added the fonts to XD that were missing... you can also check Windows Paint, it has the same issue.

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue here I can't believe Adobe hasn't been able to look into this bug. I wonder if they have Product Managers who are aware of this issue.

The issue is clear: the fonts that are available and being used in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects, and Premiere Pro are not available in XD. They are on the list but you cannot use them. They seem not to work for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @sandrap46824814,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to use fonts in XD, which are available in all Adobe apps. Would you mind telling us the names of the fonts you cannot use in XD? Have you activated these fonts from the Adobe fonts website or downloaded them from any third-party websites?

If activated from the font's website, do the fonts shows activated in the Creative Cloud Desktop app?

We will try our best to investigate the issue and assist you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines