Text randomly disappearing when editing on Mac XD 50 version

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems with the last update, now when I click on a text box to edit the text, on random occasions the text will disappear.  I work in almost exclusively Helvetica Neue and Open Sans fonts that have not changed in years of working with XD and I have never noticed this issue before the last update.  It does not happen all the time just randomly when I click on a text box to edit the type and my cursor will disappear.

System notes:

Mac Miini 2.8Ghz Intel Core i5

OSX 12.3.1 Monterey

XD 50.0.12.14 x64 , Creative Cloud Sync 5.8.0.19

Helvetica Neue - True Type

Open Sans - True Type

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brienm,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please help us with the below details :
1. Is it happening with all the files ?

2. How frequently you are getting this issue ?

3. If possible could please share the file, if it is file specific.

Regards
Jyoti Ranjan Behera

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brienm.bci,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue? If not, please feel free to share the details asked by our product team so that we can investigate the issue. 

Have you tried minimizing and maximizing the XD window and see if that helps? Basically, we are trying to switch focus from XD for 1-2 sec.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your questions
It seems to be effecting all my files, I have been able to demonstrate it on multiple files. As to frequency, it happens about every 5-10 times I click on the text to edit. Seems to be random though. I can send you one of my files if you still would like to check it.
I did try min and max on my view and full screen, seems to happen regardless.   like I said, not all the time but radomly about every couple times I click to edit text.   Is not font specific. 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same issue, very annoying.

System:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

OSX 12.3 Monterey

XD 51.0.12.6

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

experiencing the same issue. completely random, all files

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

OSX 12.4 Monterey

XD 51.0.12.6 arm64, cloud sync 5.12.1.35

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here running 51.0 on 16" M1 Macbook Pro. Text disappears randomly when selected - using fonts I had no issue with until recently. C'mon Adobe, let's get this fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines