• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Text]- Text in Area Text merges in one line when clicked off of it in XD

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with Poppins font when this started to happen to me, so i tried to change to Esteban, but still the same.

I create text, change it to Area Text, write multiple lines, click off of it and it collapses in one line as shown in pictures.

It may be me not knowing something as I am not a designer and my XD experience is limited or it may be a software problem.

When I'm typing in Area Text:

scadobexd.png

When I click off:

scadobexd2.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

I am working with version 27.2.12.4 Starter

It seems it is not happening anymore after I changed fonts. Wierd since it was a problem for multiple days. I have tried to replicate it again ( both Poppins and now Esteban ) with no success. It may have something to do with Poppins on my PC.

I will post if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This is an unusual behavior with XD. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of XD and the Operating system.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or on multiple files?
  3. Is it possible for you to share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end?

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with version 27.2.12.4 Starter

It seems it is not happening anymore after I changed fonts. Wierd since it was a problem for multiple days. I have tried to replicate it again ( both Poppins and now Esteban ) with no success. It may have something to do with Poppins on my PC.

I will post if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out what causes it. For me it was the line spacing setting, which was set to 1 for some reason:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 21.30.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Gfeo. Thanks for sharing your obeservation and sharing what causes the issue for you. This will definitely help our customers to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines