• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text tool randomly stops working

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned hundred times before, I have to alt-tab on Win10 hundred times a day to keep text tool working... EXTREMELY annoying and agonizing proces.

Text tool is working in Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge etc... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hi @janm44316545,

Thank you for sharing the requested info. Could you please update XD to the latest version (XD55) and let us know if the problem still persists?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janm,

we need more information to help you. Which version of Adobe XD are you using? Does this problem occur with all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is version 54.1.12.1

It keeps happening thru multiple versions, as far as i can remember.

All XD files. Except I can not figure the pattern, when it stops working, it seems better with blank new XD file.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @janm44316545,

Thank you for sharing the requested info. Could you please update XD to the latest version (XD55) and let us know if the problem still persists?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will update the XD today, and I will let you know, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janm,

have you updated? Does the problem still persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it is good, in newly created XD file, after the patch, text tool bug not happend once.

Thank you for your consern i hope it is solved.

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is still present in XD files created in older versions of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janm,

while regarding the files created with the new version of Adobe XD instead the problem does not arise, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be better in new version of XD in newly created docuents - we will see in next week or so

(it hard crashed just once today - but most likely not b/c of text tool) 

I would not mark this problem as solved, there is still the problem with hundreds of old files, where the problem prevails. 

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After few days working in newly created XD, text tool has to be "refreshed" by alt-tabing almost every few minutes. This keeps happening more and more with number of artboards and file size (this seems to be the case no matter old/new xd).

(Might be wort mentioning, at this point we have copied parts of the old XD into new one)

Sometimes we just finish one word, click elsewhere, and when trying to continue editing the text we have to ALT-TAB it again. You cant even select the text, copy past it, it wont register any clicks within text in the XD.

Thx for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Larger the XD file more frequent we have to alt tab to "refresh" text tool to make it work. I do have 40+ artboard in one file and now i have to alt tab almost every time i want to edit any text. Seems to me, that this problem is unsolvable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL happening after 2 years of supposed "fixes" and updates. Completely unnaceptable Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines