• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Font Issue in XD Windows

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use a Variable Font, eg. Inter, in XD in Windows 10 the corresponding weights doesn't show up instead it shows up a list with Regular weight repeated. I haven't face this problem in Mac OS. Please help.

Inter-Font-Issue.jpg

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

OK, seems like it's not an XD Issue, it's Windows 10 Issue. Even in Windows 10 Font Dropdown, it shows the same. Solution is to install separate font weights separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi All,

I would like to inform you all that these variable fonts are not supported yet. Though it's on the team roadmap and yes the best answer would be to install separate font weights separately for now.

We will let you know if we have more updates on this in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Does Adobe XD support variable fonts yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, seems like it's not an XD Issue, it's Windows 10 Issue. Even in Windows 10 Font Dropdown, it shows the same. Solution is to install separate font weights separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear you are able to fix the issue and thanks for sharing the solution. This will definitely help our customer who will face the similar issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This soloution is not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean to install separate font weights separately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is not working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem which may be similar. I downloaded a font family (Horatio D) but they all have the same name (Regular) but in appearance, they have different weights. And I think photoshop is not able to recognize the differences because of the names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hsukaanqi "install separate font weights separately" what?

-------
Rafal Borowski Design - www.borowski.design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue but reinstalling the font weights separately didn't work. Even though Windows 10 displays the fonts as 'Regular', I can use the weight variables in Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm only having issue with Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if the font-weight appears as a separate font in Adobe XD instead of showing under that specific font. Also please share the font details.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue. Cant use any variable fonts. Adobe XD show only "Regular" and the font-weight doesn't seem to change on choosing any. But it works fine on Photoshop and Illustrator.

Installed a new font

Jost from google fonts. Tried installing both the variable and individual files, nothing worked.

Here is the font link https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Jost

Same problem with other variable fonts too. I'm not able to work because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sudhakar,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if the font-weights appears as a separate font in Adobe XD instead of showing under the font-weight drop-down?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue with the Inter font. 
I have installed separate weights separately. And even in the dropdown, all I can see is a single Inter font and that's it. The font weights are nowhere to be found as separate fonts of their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with fonts in XD and thanks for trying the suggestion mentioned in the post. Would you mind sharing the OS and screenshot of your about XD info page so that we can investigate on the issue and report it to the team?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most updated version of Adobe XD as of June 3, 2020. OS: Windows 10 pro Adobe XD details Version: 29.2.32.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So far I'm still having this issue, but I've found a probable cause and a solution or workaround. 

For what I tested, I'm only having this issue with the fonts labelled as 'Variable fonts' in google fonts. These fonts come with a variable font file, and a folder with more standard font weights. Neither of these types of files work in XD. I'm thinking the issue here is that the regular font weights are somehow related to the variable font file, and that's causing errors both in Windows 10 and XD. All the fonts in google without the label 'variable font' work fine.

As a workaround, I discovered that the official site for the Inter font has a download file that has many font files that are not realated to the variable one. I.E: The download includes some folders for windows and mac OS, webfiles and variable files, all separately. I found that the files in these folders work perfectly in Windows and XD. I've tried to download another fonts that are listed in google fonts from their respective official foundries and they also worked fine.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works, the official site for the Inter font:
https://rsms.me/inter/

El diseño simple es el mejor de todos los diseños. Lo mismo pasa con el marketing online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing! I have the same issues with a lot of Google Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for the Marope font!

Thanxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this workaround. Unbelievable, that it's a year since this post and nothing really changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I'm trying to use this font https://beta.newglyph.com/#font-antarctica

It works in Illustrator but not XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

I had the same issue and finally I realized that's a Google's font problem.

In my case was "Manrope" font, I unziped the file and the 6 font files, have the same weight, date and time. After that, I reviewed each file, and actually are the same.

So, the solution it's so simple: Download the font file from other source like FontSquirrel.

I hope that's works for you!

Sol003_0-1591144559836.png

Sol003_1-1591144639296.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. Its really helped me. Whats wrong with google fonts... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I insist... If is Google Font problem... Why Illustrator work correctly?

Try Quicksand font.  Google's QuickSand is pretty font, but Fontsquirrel's doesn't... they are different, Illustrator uses it right way but XD doesn't.

Please XD team, check this for us, you'll give us a great gift!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines