• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The names for all the assets in my SVG are overwritten when exported

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I carefully called all the assets in my SVG and loaded this SVG into Adobe XD. I can see the assets are named correctly in XD, but when I share the design via xd.adobe with checked box "Mark for export" all my assets renamed to default <Path> names. Is there any way to keep the names of the assets in SVG?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which method you are using for exporting svg from Ai.

Export as SVG, or .Save as SVG. After importing into XD:

Export keeps layer name after importing SVG file into XD.

Save as create layer with file name and grant a new name to layer. 

please try both methods and see if you catch difference in layers name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I tried both options and every time after downloading SVG from xd.adobe all the layers have the same name <Path>. I can clearly see that in XD these layers have the correct names (see attached images in my post). Something is happening when I share the design at xd.adobe.

So in other words when I share my design with my fellow developer they can download only pretty much useless SVG and I have to send them these SVGs separately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the images from the original post si you wouldn't need to download them as an attachment 

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.43.46.pngScreenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.44.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think that there is some difference for SVG original file and SVG that are loaded into xd.adobe. May be some  SVG property has been changed to raster effects in Adobe XD. Therefore I admit some modification or update of original svg after uploading (including their original names) 

Here is reference to https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/help/create-design-tokens-in-XD.ug.html about design tokens: 

After you publish your design spec and share it with other stakeholders, the customized names are visible to them.

If you do not assign custom variables, Adobe XD automatically creates a unique name and class using the color and character style properties and unnamed prefixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand. I can clearly see the names in XD (see white screenshot in my post). So there ere custom variables! But when I download the asset it's changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines