• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time trigger not showing in prototype mode in XD.

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm updated to 12.0.12.10 version of Adobe XD but the time trigger is not showing on the prototype part of xd

Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Hey there,

It's a bit tricky and we should work to improve this but...timed triggers can only be applied on the artboard itself. So just make sure you select the source artboard first when associating the transition to your overlay.  The option should then be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

It would be better to mention that somewhere while prototyping. The Time Trigger option can be shown but disabled (sort of) while selecting the elements in the Artboard. We were searching for a long time to find that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 15.55.42.png

For some better context,

I have tried 'check for updates' just in case it was displaying the wrong version, reloaded creative cloud and Adobe XD but the feature still isn't showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

It's a bit tricky and we should work to improve this but...timed triggers can only be applied on the artboard itself. So just make sure you select the source artboard first when associating the transition to your overlay.  The option should then be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get the transition option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the latest version of Adobe xd 14.0.42.14.

I try to connect the whole artboard to another and I only have 3 Trigger options showing up: Tap, Drag and Voice. I watched various videos and looked into forums and cannot fix this problem.

Can you help me with this?

These are the steps I take:

Step 1: wire the source artboard to the second. Trigger: Voice, Action: Transition

Step 2: The second artboard shoiuld have the option of Time trigger. But there isn't one.

Thanks,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to wire that second artboard to another artboard first... then select the artboard by clicking on the title of the artboard, then click the blue end of the wire that your artboard is transitioning to:  That's one easy way.

Again, only artboards can have Time transitions, not content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you realized this, but your instructions are useless. The problem is that the time trigger is not showing up AT ALL! Even after I've wired the artboard to a second artboard, when I go to the arrow icon to select my trigger, the only options available are tap, drag and voice. Time is not an option!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time triggers only show up for artboard selections, not object selections. You’ll need to select the artboard (click on the title) and then wire that to show the time trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was able to get help in another forum shortly after posting my comment. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind me asking what did you do to fix this? I'm having the same problem. I upgraded to Version 22.3.12.2 and am not finding the trigger option. I have multiple artboards set up and even when the artboard is selected I don't have the "time" trigger option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This helped me so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually what may happen is that the designer is linking a background image insted of the wireframe (that is behind). Try do move the image and then check where the link comes from, if it is from the background or from the wireframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as mentioned above "only artboards can have Time transitions, not content." Don't forget about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better to mention that somewhere while prototyping. The Time Trigger option can be shown but disabled (sort of) while selecting the elements in the Artboard. We were searching for a long time to find that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow finally! thank you!
I agree, i couldn't find it until now and didn't find any information about it and its such a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time trigger doesn't work while auto animating the artboards? Why? and is there any alternative for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing issue using time trigger while using auto animate in XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on windows machine. Is it possible for you to share a short video of your workflow for better understanding so that I can try to replicate at my end? I would also request you to please share the OS and XD version of your machine. 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had the same issue, when I use 'auto-animate' to jump into the slide that has 'time trigger' it didn't work. I ended up using 'transition' effect for the slide before jumping into the 'time' trigger slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

•  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the Prototype Tab (top-left menu)
  2. Select Artboard (top-left title, ex. Web 1920) 
  3. Click the "+" in the Interactions Nav (right-side of the screen)
  4. This will create an Artboard trigger that includes "Time" in the [Trigger] dropdown. This will automatically link it to the nearest Artboard.
  5. Then just drag the connecter to the desired Artboard
  6. When selecting the connector you will now have Time as an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I just ran into the same problem. Which is this: for some reason I'm actually selecting an element inside the artboard, not the artboard itself, when I think I'm selecting the artboard (I click the artboard label, not the artboard contents, to select the whole artboard. But still...)

What helped? I had to lock and hide each of the elements on the artboard, and after that when I clicked the artboard, the artboard was selected as the interaction source, not some random element inside the artboard... A bit annoying because then you have to unlock and unhide each element after that. But worked.

I hope this helped!
PS. I've seen a lot of prototyping tools during my long career and I think this is the easiest to learn quickly, not too "sophisticated" with different interaction methods (like Axure for example) but has still some basic tools I need to create prototypes. But: I find there are still a lot of usability issues (and it's already 2022 soon!) I hope Adobe keeps developing this tool further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, you solved my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines