• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking around to try and fix the adobe XD startup crash where a white window opens and then 5 seconds later it just closes again. I found the troubleshooting thread (

but none of the solutions are working

This is the error I'm getting:

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 28.1.12.3, time stamp: 0x5e6a03ef
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17763.973, time stamp: 0x0d83a788
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd578
Faulting process id: 0x5a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f9e2a3e6ef9a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_28.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report Id: 9a267be0-484b-4d65-ab14-02fee78eb11d
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_28.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Which has a solution in that other post but I followed the fix and it didn't work.

Please has anyone else managed to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response,

I have previously followed this link and not had any success in fixing my errors.

I've tried reinstalling in different locations on my pc and fixing the .dll file errors multiple times however it's still crashing on startup...

Not sure what else I can do 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elapse,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble launching Adobe XD and thanks for trying the steps mentioned. Would you mind try creating a new user account for your machine? Let us know if that helps.

If that doesn't, you may get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for real time assistance.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem, I made a new user on my Windows 10 computer but the  Adobe XD is still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood correctly, Is Adobe XD working in the curent user account, but not in the new user account in Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks

I have adobe xd and it's getting smashed over and over while I am taking a shot at it from recent days however as of late its slamming expanded a great deal and I send crash reports and no one contact so I chose to chat with client service and they direct me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nani,

follow this steps it will hep you.. 

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. when exactly it crashes?
  3. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. Please share the logs by following the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Priya 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nani,

Could you please confirm if your issue has been resolved or if you need more assistance? We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the XD from the main site, installed, I go in, and then it just crashes, and so every time, what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using Adobe XD. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w... and let us know if that helps.

Also merging this thread with the same post.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried all of the solutions on the troubleshoot and still keeps happening, I've reinstalled my graphics driver (nvidia gtx 1060) I had to reinstall windows C++ redistributable, I reinstalled Adobe XD a thousand times and still nothing.

This is the event viewer 

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 25.1.12.7, time stamp: 0x5df32a01
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x42f071ca
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000000d5cc8
Faulting process id: 0x37b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c5823d83bcf0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_25.1.12.7_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report Id: c5722f76-cf85-431d-8f7d-7335deb4b09a
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_25.1.12.7_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mordar,

We apologize for the frustration. We would request you to please update XD to the latest version  (25.2).

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woke up today and updated XD to the latest version. Now the app crashes immediately on open and if I try to open xd saved files, it says "The app didn't start."

This is what I see for seconds before it crashes.

I really need to start prototyping. Any solutions?

OS information:

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on Atul's post. Was your issue resolved, or do you still need assistance?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same problem, though slightly different sequence to reproduce.

I saw the same behavior on two computers today:

- Windows 10 1809 64-bit, fully updated.

- Fresh first install of XD free download, no previous CC installation.

- Install completes.

- When starting XD, I get the blank start screen as above, no obvious CPU/disk/network activity,  and after about 10-20 seconds it terminates with no error message.

- Restarting the computer solves the problem.

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. We haven't seen a whole lot of volume (other than this post) around this issue. It is possible that there is something unique to the setup of your system that is causing this issue. I suggest getting in touch with Contact Customer Care​ and see if they can identify the issue. You can also try doing a clean install (reinstall Adobe XD after uninstalling with the CC cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Let us know how it goes or if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, Thanks for reply. Some more info:

I got curious, did some research on this using a clean install of Windows on a VM.

Win 10 Pro x64 1803, clean, fully updated - XD starts fine after install.

Win 10 Pro x64 1809, clean, fully updated - XD terminates as described above. After restarting Windows it works as expected.

Upgrade to 1809 was done from 1803 through Windows Insider (just drivers, apps and fixes). That gave me build 17763.107.

Windows 10 release 1809 has not yet rolled out to general availability, which would explain why you have not seen this problem.

Based on my test I think you might, once 1809 rolls out.

Hope this helps,

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I remember, issues with this update were fixed in the latest XD update. If you are still having issues, can you upload your log files Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files  to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share them with us over a private message? To send a private message, click my picture and use the message button. I will share these with the team for investigation.

If you are in a rush, you can contact the tech support team using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran,

Well, I tried it yesterday afternoon so unless you released an update since then it has not been fixed.

Please note that I am reporting this problem for your benefit, I already found a workaround as described above. Please forward to your QA team so they can prepare for Windows 1809. It should be easy to reproduce using my steps above - and you will likely see this issue repeated once Windows 1809 rolls out widely.

BTW the troubleshooting page you linked to is incorrect WRT path to dlm.log file. On my computer I found dlm.log at this path:

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\ACC\AdobeDownload

Please update your documentation.

I will send you the log files in a PM.

-Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

The team is working towards fixing this issue in a future update. I will update this post as soon as I have more information.

Thank you for the log files and your input towards correcting the documentation. I will let the content team know.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my pc at work, freshly installed with windows 10 pro 1803, graphic drivers updated (Nvidia Quadro K620), and I have the same issue.

XD starts, shows a white screen and then closes. Tried to reinstall adobe CC, use Adobe cleaner but still the same issue.

When opening a xd file directly it shows the error: The app didn't start.

Windows Event Manager shows no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a timeline set to fix this problem?

I am using a computer from work (hp z840 workstation with an intel xeon E5-2603 v3, nvidia quadro k620 and 16gb ram), our IT try to install it on two different computers, a desktop and a laptop and the problem was the same. Blank screen and crash.

We are using windows 10 Pro version 1809, os build: 17763.168. Most recent GPU drivers installed

Went through the forum and tried all the possible suggestions without solving the problem.

Currently version of XD installed is 13.1.32.8 on creative cloud 4.7.0.400

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines