• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing is such a problem, I have to switch to Figma

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane.  I am working on several projects and everytime I start to type in the text box (any text box) I have to use ALT + TAB to type anything.  I am so frustrated over this I am going to have to switch all my projects over to Figma and lose some of my XD capabilities but I won't have this workflow issue every time I try to type.

This is insane that Adobe can't push a fix to this well documented problem.  I am very frustrated and discouraged.

This happens when I save documents to the cloud or locally on my machine.

I am using Adobe XD Version: 45.1.62.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.21.1.1

This happens regardless of the font or font size though I haven't tried all my fonts, I am using mostly Roboto or Circular Std.

This happens on new projects and existing projects about 70% of the time.  When I select the text box, or draw a new one, then try to type, sometimes a few letters will appear then the system freezes or after I select the text box, I won't be able to type into it without switching focus (ALT + TAB).

I use 3 extermal monitors and all graphic cards are up to date.

My computer:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name xxxxxxxxxxxx
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 3793
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 097A
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz, 1498 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.18.0, 10/6/2021
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Product 0JF2P0
BaseBoard Version A00
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.22000.1"
User Name DESKTOP-32G0M40\Adam
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.2 GB
Total Virtual Memory 43.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 15.7 GB
Page File Space 12.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection On
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Okay, so I feel like an idiot.  I may have figured out why some people, and not everybody, is having this issue.  After taking a few deep breaths and looking at this situation more, I realized that this happens when I don't rename the text box element before trying to edit it.  I'm an idiot.

So, if you have this issue, I suggest naming the element a unique name, then typing into the textbox as you are supposed to do.  Otherwise, after multiple instances of the same element are created in your do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so I feel like an idiot.  I may have figured out why some people, and not everybody, is having this issue.  After taking a few deep breaths and looking at this situation more, I realized that this happens when I don't rename the text box element before trying to edit it.  I'm an idiot.

So, if you have this issue, I suggest naming the element a unique name, then typing into the textbox as you are supposed to do.  Otherwise, after multiple instances of the same element are created in your document, when you try to change the text, but the name is the same, the system lags and locks up which is only resolved after unfocusing on the the element and returning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines