• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create guides in Adobe XD.

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to do it, hover over the top or left of an artboard. I'm on the latest version of XD, as of June 2021, tho on Windows, unfortunately. Restarting hasn't helped. Any answers?

<Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

I figured out my issue. At some point I had hidden guides and this is saved. I'd forgotten that and guides are just non-existent when in that state. Turning guides on (View | Guides | Show All Guides) now allowed me to use guides again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are unable to create guides in XD. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on my windows machine as shown below-

Create guides.gif

Could you please try signing out of XD and Creative Cloud app, restart the machine, and then sign back in?

Let us know if that helps. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I'm almost at the end of my workday so I'll try that tomorrow. (I did restart my computer, but I didn't sign out & back in with Creative Cloud. But yes, guides were working no problem before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Please let me know how it goes. Feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

I would be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work! I ended up having to do a workaround by creating temporary, "bounding objects" and doing an even distribute. It might be my somewhat crap Surface Pro. Wish I could design on a Mac for work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a similar problem but it only affects some files. I downloaded the Windows Fluent UI Kit and guides worked fine there. I saved this as a new cloud document to customize and I'm not getting guides in that document. I've been working on it for while over several days and I don't know when guides stopped working...on save as or or somewhere along the way. So I have to create lines and use those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out my issue. At some point I had hidden guides and this is saved. I'd forgotten that and guides are just non-existent when in that state. Turning guides on (View | Guides | Show All Guides) now allowed me to use guides again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will try that. I'm done with the current project that I did in XD, and I use INDD more in my job. But I'll open up XD and make sure view guides is on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Please let us know how it goes and if you still face trouble with guides. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's coded by developers with no understanding of the design process. It's a shocking bit of software that will just make millions more think they are designers.. Watch out world expext more and more poorly designed gumf to proliferate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines