• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to do co-editing in XD, error says no permission.

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to create a team project so me and my collegue can work together with "Co-Editing".

Unfortunately we can't add each other into our projects. The error message (after click on email) tells that we have no permission. But in Creative Cloud, we both show up as "added".

What can we do? We both have installed the newest version of XD.

I have a business licence and he has an individual licence, but that shouldn't be a problem, I guess?

Thank you!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we the only ones with this problem?
Perhaps a point to note: I work on a Mac, while my colleague uses a Windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the same problem, how did you solve it? The answers from adobe to your issue, weren`t very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone knows the answer, we are still curious. Currently we are settled with the "workaround" of using another design tool for collaborative projects and convert the files in th end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to have same version of XD on all clients. Should not be a problem across Mac and Windows.

Should only have to Share Documents and any Libraries from 1 user to the other.

For the indiviual license, I think there may be some Sharing limitations for Free-tier accounts, but otherwise I am not aware of any issues. If this is the case, try Sharing from business account to free-tier account.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the support. He uses a paid single license (cancelable monthly) that only includes Adobe XD. I use the full CC with business license (annual billing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it should work.

After the document is Shared by author, the other client should receive both an email and a notification where there is a link for opening this document directly. Or other client can go to Shared With You section of Welcome Screen to find the document. So, maybe try each of those methods.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's our problem: after we click the link in the invitation email, we get the message that there is no permission. And in the "Shared with you" folder, the project is not listed.

I have tried to reproduce the process with some screenshots:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-18 um 16.56.08.png
This is the invitation email I got from my colleague (in German). It says "<person> has invited you to edit the following resource: <project name>.xdc" There I click on the button "Open". 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-18 um 16.55.56.png

After that I get to this page (it says "May this page open 'Adobe XD'? Cancel/Confirm). This is where I click on "Confirm".

 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-18 um 16.56.51.pngThen Adobe XD starts and I get the error message "Unfortunately, we could not open this document. No permission to open this document. Get permission or check if you are logged in with the correct account." (Yes, I am logged in with my Business account).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-18 um 16.58.01.png

The last screen shows the "Shared for you" folder where the project is not listed. (By the way, the project hidden here had actually worked - here my colleague had tested the free demo version. Now that he has a paid account, strangely it doesn't work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that you're still having problems.

When logging in to some Adobe Creative Cloud accounts, you are prompted to select between "Personal account" or "Work or School account". If that's the case, then be sure to try both accounts.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jans46175315

Sorry for the trouble. In addition to what Randy has suggested, you may also check this article which might help you in better collaboration.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks Randy Edmunds 2 for your contribution to the XD Community. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines