• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag and drop images into Adobe XD on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support,

I've been working with our IT department because my Adobe XD software doesn't allow me to drag and drop images into Adobe XD. I have to manually import them and then mask the images with shapes. I have been following your support forums, and we updated the GPU on my laptop and we're still running into issues. I am receiving a canceled symbol when trying to drag the images into XD. I am running Adobe XD on Windows 10. I can provide any specs you need to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Rosendo Figueroa

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Hi,

I also had this issue and it's looks like more of W10 related problem. Fortunately this solution helped for me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

hope it helps.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I fixed the same issue on my PC. This is the instruction (tested on Win10):

1. Open start menu and type in search field "Control panel". You need classic view.

search-control-panel1.png

2. Switch view to "Small icons" using "View by: Category" selector in the top right corner.

control-panel-windows-10.png

3. Go to "User accounts"

4. In pop-up select "Change user account control settings"

change-user-account-control-settings.png

5. Set value as shown below and click "Ok"

6. Restart Windows and enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I

For those who are under some domain rules in corporate environment, I open regedit and here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

change EnableLUA to 1 … after restart I can drag and drop between Windows Universal Apps. But after another restart my domain overwrite this and have to do it again.

So better ask your admins to solve this for you on domain server side – I am not that lucky.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Thank you, For your information I resolved myself by Installing New OS on my pc

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 198 Replies 198
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaaaank you so much, it worked.

God bless you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eureka! This works : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked to me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Thank You!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are genuis, thank you it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

감사합니다,,,ㅠㅠㅠㅠ👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much, appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the big man! It worked for me, too. Thank you so much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, deu certo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not worked for me, tried all the steps from past 5 hours nothing happened can anyone help me with this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Adobe XD are you using? And what version of Windows do you have on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved you may mark it as solved, thank you for response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other issues or have any other issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10, I have tried restarting my pc and updated the adobe creative cloud and adobe xd but still I can't get this with this issue, I get a black circle with a line through it telling me I can't drop images into XD

adobe xd file is located in c:\users\administrator\Appdata\Local\Pacakages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte - Shortcut. Pls help with this issue ASAP

Thanks in Advance

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry you are having problems with Adobe XD. What image extension are you trying to import on Adobe XD? Does this problem also occur with other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried jpg and png image file, i didn't try other files, Please help me to solvewith these issue I was Trying these from past 5 hours its so frustrating.

But I tried with other applications like figma the drag and drop is worked in adobe xd its not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Adobe XD are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version:27.2.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashraf,

Thank you for sharing the details asked by Italo and sorry to hear you are unable to drag the images into XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on my machine and I am able to drag the images fine. 

Would you mind telling if you are opening a specific file in which you're trying to drag the image? Is it possible for you to a share a short video of your workflow for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried uninstalling and installing Adobe XD again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried lot of times, but it does'nt worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashraf,

We're so sorry for all the trouble. Could you please try the steps shared on this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/can-t-drag-images-into-xd/td-p/9205660?page=1

If that doesn't work, I'd request if you can log in to the Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s) and check how the application works.

Regards

Rishabh

This video shows how to enable the hidden administrator account on Windows 10. This works for Windows 8 and 7 seven as well. Here is the command to enable the hidden administrator account net user administrator /active:yes Here is the command to disable it net user administrator /active:no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines