• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag the layers to reorder in the panel in XD.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or did something change on this latest version.

I can't seem to drag layers to reorder them in the panel anymore. Anyone else having this problem?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Solved. Reinstall alone wasn't enough to fix it... had to do a clean sweep of a lot of residual system files, then reinstall.

Was on my PC... Adobe tech support made short work of this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be working fine for me, are you on Mac or PC? Is your OS up to date?
I'm on Windows10 and have no issues moving layers around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Sorry to hear you are experineicng reordering of layers in XD. We have seen the issue got resolved in the previous version of XD. In additon to the information asked by Sjaani, could you please confirm if it's happening with a specific file or all the files? Is it possible for you to share a short video capturing the behavior?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same issue for a week now. I have the latest version of Adobe XD, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to see if it would work. No dice. I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Reinstall alone wasn't enough to fix it... had to do a clean sweep of a lot of residual system files, then reinstall.

Was on my PC... Adobe tech support made short work of this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was resolved within minutes of my post - I was booted out of Creative Cloud (without explanation), then when I signed back in Adobe XD was fixed. Guessing Adobe did something on their end, don't know what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this issue. Everything is updated. Windows 10. Adobe XD version 40.0.22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to reorder the layers in the panel. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on a windows machine with XD 40.1 version. I would request you to please ensure you're on the latest version of XD. Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?

Is it possible for you to record a video and share it with us?

I will try my best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Might be specific to arranging in a repeat grid. It's on the latest version as of right now.

Harshit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshit,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 41 version? 

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. i am on version 44.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue in 47.0.22.9 on Windows 10.

I tried the control & the plus key /minus key, but this did not work for me.  Has anyone else figured out the keyboard method of acheiving this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, same thing is happening suddenly on this end. This bug could not have happened at a worse time. I've been on this massive, mission critical project for three months - 10 hours a day, six days a week - and it's now due in 14 days. I've reinstalled the app, cleared my cpu with no luck. If anyone has a workaround or a fix to this, that'd be awesome.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines