• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit anything in a specific XD file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to edit a component. XD opens the original component from another XD file. The file opens but then the document freezes. Not the app. Just the document. I can't edit the file. I can't close the file without quitting XD. I can make edits to other XD files, save, etc. 
https://www.screencast.com/t/M3x2psTW7

Any thoughts?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Thank you for your reply Harshika. As it turns out, after some time, the file came back to life and I haven't had trouble with it since. If it starts to churn again, I'll come back to this post. All the best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are unable to edit this specific file and thanks for sharing the video. We would like to know if you are able to make edits to any other components of this file. 

Please share the version of XD and the OS of your machine. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message so that I can try to edit at my end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Harshika. As it turns out, after some time, the file came back to life and I haven't had trouble with it since. If it starts to churn again, I'll come back to this post. All the best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too, I ended up checking the Activity Monitor and saw XD was using about 5 GB of memory. I reset the PRAM and reinstalled XD. So far so good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you, Joementum. This might help the customers in need. Please let us know if you face trouble in future using XD.

We will be here to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines