• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to enter text in Adobe Xd (bug)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodicity does not select the text and does not enter it where it is needed, but enters it in a random place, for example, in the "size" field. This bug is the entire existence of the program. I have a midday version. New PC, Last win update 10. I'm so angry that I’m ready to stop using the program. In order for the text to be correctly entered again, you have to restart the program, and this is a long time, and so every couple of minutes - it is impossible to work! Sometimes you can select text in the name of the object and selection in the layout will again become possible, but then this also stops working - the text is not highlighted and not entered. This application is for interface designers, and it does not even allow you to write plain text - horror.

Витрина (Автор - Подписка Магазин) ‎- Adobe XD 202.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. Update on the logged bug, the team identified that it's a known issue with Mircosoft and they are working on it to fix the issue. The only workaround as of now is to change the focus from XD((like minimizing and maximizing the app). Let us know if that helps. 

We'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Hi, here is a solution found on another forum regarding this issue : launch c:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on Run or the explorer or the windows bar. Or you can find this fisher ctfmon.exe et launch it, it will solve the problem. 

This issue is due to severeal language pluged on the computor. Hope it will help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANY UPDATES ON THIS BUG? It's february 2022 and it still persists!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still isn't fixed and extremely frustrating. I've been doing more and more work on FIgma instead because of this issue and will end my Adobe subscription as it's useless now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelyly, I am moving to Figma too 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that. Have you tried the suggestions shared in the correct answer on this post? I understand this has taken longer than usual however let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we did.

Just play around with the text tool or input fields on a windows machine, and you will find the issue. It happens randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Moving to Figma.
The amount of bugs and workflow crashes in Xd is beyond logic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you guys pls fix this asap? You cannot imagine the level of frustration I get to when this happens multiple times a day. It takes minutes to change texts or heights/width when everything is buggy and seems like an intern programmed it.

Please fix your bugs before working on anymore functions 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Figma. It'll save so much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still finding this is an issue today 02 March 2022. It's been an issue for years in XD, why is it not possible to fix this?

I have restart XD after selecting a textbox as XD becomes unresponsive, this happens 10-20 times in a day, and is interrupting my workflow.

Please fix this issue as I'm concidering alternative software like Figma because of this frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the switch. This issue significantly disrupts flow and Figma is quickly becoming the standard. I can't believe I was dealing with the issue for years. I should have made the switch long ago. So much more producitve in Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another day, another user moving to Figma because of this bug. If you have this bug 20 times a day dont thinking about it, swtich to Figma, its bee years and they seem incapable of fixing this so its time to move on. I'm done. Finally moving entire company to figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same thing for quite a while now and it's very frustrating. It gets to the point I can't type anything at all, and I need to close everything and restart the software. Any update on this would be great! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my 2 computers, 3 years after first report... This makes Adobe xd almost unusable on windows. I will therefore not renew my subscription. Damage. Amazing that no one can solve this problem in 3 years. If you provide me with a solution, I will be happy to resume my XD subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on multime pcs Mac and Win10, multiple XD files for last 3 years or so. Larger the file, bigger the problem. Nobody gave me any idea, how to sold this issue. Still have to Alt+tab thousand times to finish a project. Drives me crazy at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I starting getting these issues the last two weeks, with increasing tendencies and my frustration-level rising. Finding this tread from Feb 07 2020, with the same bug being an issue, is not reasuring. Any updates or hopes for the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the folks at adobe don't give a damn about their customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up moving the company to Figma. No regrets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in 2024/03/22 and I have always the same problem since several months.

You don't want fix this bug ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try toggling from Adobe XD by using Command + Tab or ALT + Tab when this happens and let us know if this solves the issue. If it still doesn't work, please share the version of the Operating system. We'll try our best to assist.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines