• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to group with Control-G

Contributor ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newb here.  I'm running XD 40.0.22.12 on Win10 x64.  When I select two objects and hit Control-g to group them, they don't get grouped, and I get a text box saying "Order Ref: 273489551" instead.  I can group them via the context menu, and I can ungroup them via Shift-Control-g or the context menu.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Setting shortcuts within XD appears to be a feature that is currently in the backlog. You can upvote it here:

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

What I meant about a shortcut overriding the XD shortcut was that it might be Windows System macro or a keyboard shortcut with another tool.

Are you seeing the same shortcut problem with other Adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows and running XD 40.0.22.12. I can group objects with Ctrl + G. I wonder if you have that shortcut set up somewhere else so that it's getting overridden in XD.

Another thought I had is what types of objects are you trying to group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Myra, but I can't find a way to create shortcuts in XD.  I thought they're all baked in.  Can you tell me how to create one?  Then I might be able to find what's using Control-g.

I've verified the problem with two shapes, two pieces of text, and a shape and a piece of text.  Actually, the problem appears to be more like Control-g is acting like Control-v:  if there's something in the clipboard, Control-g pastes it.  If there's nothing in the clipboard, nothing happens.  I've closed and reopened the program and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting shortcuts within XD appears to be a feature that is currently in the backlog. You can upvote it here:

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

What I meant about a shortcut overriding the XD shortcut was that it might be Windows System macro or a keyboard shortcut with another tool.

Are you seeing the same shortcut problem with other Adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aah, that was it.  I run a System tray app called PureText that strips formatting from text stored in the clipboard so you can paste it unformatted.  I forgot that I use Control-g for unformatted pasting.  I'll have to change the hotkey.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines