• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import SVG in XD

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm trying to import SVGs created with Adobe Illustrator into Adobe XD import fails and XD shows the error of invalid markup.

Dmitri_Albert_2-1616079697621.png

It worked fine before.
When I copy/paste the same graphic from Adobe Illustrator to XD it works fine.
Graphic contains only simple shapes (no special effects, strokes, gradients  etc).

I'm using Windows 10 x64.

This issue occurs within our whole team. Please fix that and let us know how to solve this problem.

Dmitri_Albert_1-1616079621480.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. There are certain un-supported features while importing SVG in Adobe XD as listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties 

If that's not the case, will it be possible for you to share the SVG with us so that we can test it on our end? You can add the file to shared locations like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with us through DM. We'll also need the version of XD and OS.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
Here is the example of  SVG (attached). It was created using Adobe Illustrator.

The XD version I'm using is up-to-date:

Dmitri_Albert_0-1616156090118.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, your SVG file itself is fine and also imports fine to my XD (but on Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Thanks for letting know!
I'm well aware that the file is fine since I was able to import it in XD some time ago.
The issue have arrived recently and it takes place within our team, not my single PC.
I haven't check it on Mac but since I'm working on Windows I need it finally to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 38.1 version? If yes, could you please share this SVG file with us so that we can download and try to reproduce the same at our end?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika!
Yes, the issue is still in place in my current version v38.1.12.2.
I included the SVG example earlier in this thread but will do it once again. I would appreciate your help in solving this issue. It occures not on my computer alone but within our whole team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !
I have the same issue when I import svg files, actually it does this since I updated Adobe XD. It has something to do with the last update... I don't know what to do with that but I'd like to know if anyone could give us a solution.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. Could you please share the XD file and the SVG file with us so that we can try to investigate the issue? Please share the version of XD and the OS you are using.

Is it happening with every SVG file you import or with the specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I'm also having this problem, the exact same error message, and no SVG files work at all (tried 4+++)!! Any tips on how to solve it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image.svg imports just fine. Must be OS related - are you on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, Windows 10 (Home version 20H2?)

Mvh,
Emma Shang Hansen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on MacOS - one for Adobe guys to investigate and fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, was previously able to import them, now cant. Its just one problem after another with XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gavin5E47,

We are sorry for the frustration. We will try our best to investigate the issue. Could you please share the version of XD and the OS you're using.

Are you getting any error message while importing SVG in XD? Is it possible for you to share screenshot or recording of the workflow for better investigation of the issue?

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Its the latest update 45.0.62.17, i have the previous version on another machine and the same vector files can be imported, I can also save those imports in an XD file and open in the latest version.

Thanks
Gavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to import and drag and drop svg file (provided as attachment, Container16.svg) into latest updated Xd. I am on win 11. See capture. By the way it looks very small at first.

2021-10-28_19-52-57.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here!
No import of SVGs possible 😒
Windows 10 Enterprise

XD Version 45.1.62.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines