Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Adobe XD on macOS.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I haven't opened Adobe XD in a while but tried to yesterday and today and have yet been unable to. The icon will bounce a few times then remain stuck in a "not responding" state (See attached screenshot). I'm wondering if I had too many files open or something? Maybe my mac can't load everything into memory that was open? I tried uninstalling, but it didn't help. I'm running MacOS 10.15.3. XD is version 28.4.12.3.

Any ideas? Wondering if I can somehow drop all the files that XD has open somehow?

EDIT: After letting it run for a while in that not responding state, it finally crashed. I added a screen cap of the crash report.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

It might be related to Adobe's user license authentication, but also auxilliairy user dependent stuff.

Since you mentioned that Sketch is also having problems, the one thing they both share are fonts. 

Are you using some font management tool ?

Could you disable all user activated fonts ?

To be sure, sign out in the Adobe CC panel.

Restart Mac, sign into Adobe CC, open XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Hi there,

Please ensure you are using the latest version of Adobe XD. If you need help with updating the app, see- Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.

If you have the latest update, or if updating did not solve the issue, try the following solutions in the order in which they are listed:

1. Perform a clean install:
    • Uninstall XD using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and re-install the application. Open XD to see if the issue has been resolved.
  2. Boot your computer in the safe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 36.1 and let us know if helps? If it still crashes then we'll need the crash dump, please follow the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html to enable the crash dump, and once the application crashes, please collect the logs from the location shared in the article. We'll also need the system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) again since XD has been updated.

I understand these are too many troubleshooting steps however these informations will help us triage the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest update from Creative Cloud (version 5.4.5.550) and Adobe XD (version 40.0.22.12) to my Macbook Pro (macOS Big Sur).

As soon as I open the XD app, the app closes instantly and this page opens

What I need to do ?

Thank you

2021-05-19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yoann,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are unable to launch XD on macOS. We would like to confirm if you've tried all the steps mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-launch-adobe-xd-on-macos/m-p/11326026#M34209 and let us know if that helps.

If it doesn't, we would request you to please generate Adobe logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM or here.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

I just reset my mac, and installed xd and it works.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you are able to resolve the issue and thanks for posting the solution that worked for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

I just downloaded the latest update from Creative Cloud (version 5.4.5.550) and Adobe XD (version 41.0.12) to my Macbook Pro (macOS Big Sur).
As soon as I open the XD app, the app closes instantly and this page opens
WX20210619-112213@2x.png

I have tried the following:
1. Restart the computer.
2. upgrade the Mac operating system.
3. Upgrade Adobe CC or log out of Adobe CC
4. Try older versions of Adobe XD

T_T
What I need to do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines