Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load the page with the embedded prototype on mobile browser

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have two projects that I've tried to include on a website. The prototypes load perfectly fine on desktop but not on mobile. The page with the prototypes won't even load on mobile. I receive an error message that states "a problem repeatedly occured" when trying to load the page that has the prototypes on mobile. I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or is anyone else having this problem. I've tried loading on chrome and safari on mobile and neither browsers are working for me. I've included a link to the page I'm referring to below: https://asiaroscoe.com/portfolio#portfolio.1

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Yes, imagine someone visits your portfolio on their phone. If there's a "View Mobile Prototype" button, they can tap it and the prototype will open full-screen on their device, so they can see all the nice details you made. When it's in that small frame, details will be lost, and they might accidentally scroll your page instead of the prototype. So I'd go for that sort of solution.

It's exactly what I'm planning to do on my own website when I finally get to finishing it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it on desktop and Android - on desktop, as you stated, they mostly load fine. On mobile only the first and last prototypes loaded, while the other two didn't. I suspect loading 4 prototypes like that via iframe could be very resource-intensive. Try only loading one iframe to see if that works. I realize it might be breaking your flow, but a better practice would be to show a couple of screens with a "view prototype" button, which will send the users to another separate tab with just the prototype. This way they can see a bigger prototype on their device, and you will hopefully avoid that loading issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I tried loading one at a time and it's still not working for me. Unfortunately, I think you're right about it being very resource-intensive and having to only show a couple of screens with a "view prototype" button. Although, it's not exactly what I was going for, it's better than nothing and I appreciate the help and idea! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, imagine someone visits your portfolio on their phone. If there's a "View Mobile Prototype" button, they can tap it and the prototype will open full-screen on their device, so they can see all the nice details you made. When it's in that small frame, details will be lost, and they might accidentally scroll your page instead of the prototype. So I'd go for that sort of solution.

It's exactly what I'm planning to do on my own website when I finally get to finishing it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines