• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move the text layer on the top of the layer panel in XD

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug keeps happening where XD will ignore the hierarchy in layers. See screenshot. no matter how I try to move the text in front of the object it wont move to the top (in view). Moving the objects to a new document doesn't fix it.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Hi @rickdb1991 , the only reason I can think of is having a z-index under the transform panel at the right sidebar ( https://youtu.be/DuVAAxaAjwQ?t=196 ) if that's not the issue, I'm not sure what it is, maybe you might want to share a sample portion of the file so we can investigate further. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-02-07 203253.pngI can't reproduce it. Changing  in layer hierarchy change text position. Also using "Send to Back" or other command move layer down.

Is your Xd version latest one?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It doesn' always happen but definitely occurs on almost a daily basis now. My colleagues are having the issue as well. The Mac is up to date and so is everything Adobe. I have been reading on the community board that this has been happening more often and it's quite worrying that there still isn't a fix for it. Can this be escalated somehow because I keep having to renew documents that have hours of work in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rickdb1991,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble. In addition to what our expert has suggested, we would request you to please share the below details-

1. The version of XD and the details of your operating system
  2. Please record a video of the issue whenever it happens next and share with us.
  3. Does that happen with all files or with a specific file?
  4. Have you noticed any specific action triggering this behavior?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Version 47.1.22 of XD and running on the latest version of MacOS Monterey

2. A recording isn't necessary. The image is quite clear enough. I don't know what causes it to happen so I can't really know when I should record.

3. Not all files or specific files. the files it has been happening on have been quite different.

4. I didn't notice any issue causing it. sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue with the most recent update as well. I had to save my file locally instead of on creative cloud and reopen and it seemed to have fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also on an up to date Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're encountering the same bug right now. Please fix ASAP, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I cannot figure it out. Using the OP's design as an example, I have the text sitting on top of the shape, but with some shapes when I go to resize them, suddenly the shape will be on top of the text even though the text layer is still higher in the layers panel. And there is no shuffling of the layers that seems to correct this. What is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rickdb1991 , the only reason I can think of is having a z-index under the transform panel at the right sidebar ( https://youtu.be/DuVAAxaAjwQ?t=196 ) if that's not the issue, I'm not sure what it is, maybe you might want to share a sample portion of the file so we can investigate further. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AkinGn Thanks! Yes, this was the issue for me! I noticed it was only on objects that I used 3d transforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AkinGn's answer doesnt address anything of what was asked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kaddicat, honestly I feel like you need to read my comment again as I think you're missing the points I'm making, I'm addressing the most common reason that causes the issue (and you can see another designer tells it solved the issue for him and my answer has been marked as correct answer by a very valuable expert for a reason) and even offering to take time to examine a sample file with the problem in case I'm missing something, which is possible, I know I'm not perfect, the most friendly, the nicest etc. I'm sorry but your comment made me think all of those I mentioned. If you have any other suggestions or have something to add, I'd be more than happy to listen. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not at all. My apologies for my being terse to the point of impoliteness there. I appreciate your assisstance in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kaddicat, no worries, of course you can share your opinion and make some critics but yeah I'm not going to talk anymore about it as we both agree now, I also apologize if I sounded any harsh. See you around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines