• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open any file in XD after installing a missing font.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Adobe XD was working fine but one day I opened my file and I saw there was a font missing: Segoe MDL2 Assets Regular.
I thought that was strange since that was supposed to be installed on Windows by default and I never had that error before.

Anyway, I searched for it and installed it. When I tried to install it, I got a message like "This is already installed. Do you want to replace it?", and I hit ok.
I came back to my XD file and the error was gone, so I thought everything was ok.
Then I closed my file and I tried to reopen it a bit later: it never opened again.
I tried opening other files: doesn't open.
I tried creating a new file: doesn't open.

When I click on a file to open it, nothing happens.
Maybe reinstalling that font broke something because now I'm having font issues in Windows too.
But all of my other softwares work fine so it shouldn't be a problem for Adobe XD either!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Hi Harshika, sorry for the delay.

I was not using Font Base but thanks for the help anyway!

In the end, I had to wipe my C:\ disk and reinstall everything on my Windows, and it fixed the problem.

So I guess I will never know how to fix the issue properly, but at least I'm fine now.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html#unable-to-save-cloud-docs and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh and thanks for your quick reply,

Unfortunately I tried everything under the "Can't create or open documents" section in the page you linked, namely:

- Restart XD

- Update the Creative Cloud desktop app

- End Creative Cloud processes

- Check your sign-in account

- Sign out from the Creative Cloud desktop app and sign in again

- Restart the computer

- Update XD

I also tried this:

- Download the document from Creative Cloud website (tried to open it and it didn't open)

- Try opening the document on another computer (my friends manage to open the document)

You suggested me the "Can't save your Cloud Document?" section, but I don't think this is related to my problem since I can't even open any Adobe XD document, nor create a new document.

I think this is closely related to me installing a font but I find it very strange that it causes such a bad crash in XD.

I then tried to restore Windows default fonts (Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Fonts -> Font settings -> Restore default font settings) and reboot, but it doesn't seem to fix my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. Would you mind trying uninstalling the font and then check if that helps? I would also like to know If you've installed fonts using a font manager such as Font base. If yes, please try the below steps-

• In Font base, select Settings (it should be a vertical ellipsis "…")
  • Change the Root folder location to "C:/FontBase" (or C:\FontBase — not sure if it's front or backslash)

Let us know if you are able to open the file.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arthurc26751978,

I would like to follow up on your issue here. Are you still experiencing the issue or it has been resolved? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, sorry for the delay.

I was not using Font Base but thanks for the help anyway!

In the end, I had to wipe my C:\ disk and reinstall everything on my Windows, and it fixed the problem.

So I guess I will never know how to fix the issue properly, but at least I'm fine now.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're able to resolve the issue and thanks for sharing how you solved this might help our future customers. 

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines