• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks good, but is for PC. Am on Mac. Will try and find something similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed this when getting info on any XD file stored outside the cloud: 

Even though the file is 40MB, there's 0 bytes on disk. And the file creation date is sometime in 1980. Weird!

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 2.38.38 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 2.38.48 pm.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

send me your file. I`ll try to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually found a solution. It's embarassing for me because... It had to do with the share drive appearing to be online, but not actually being online. That would explaing the 0 bytes on disk. Not super clear.
So the issue is resolved for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, im facing the same issue. Error Code 86, will you be able to help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest is, if you're working on a server, ensure that your computer is connected to the server. Otherwise the file will show the error 86 when opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the XD is a local document instead of cloud document, how do i resolve the local document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some solutions at the top of the thread. They apparently fix the issue. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please help me as I am getting the error code 86 while opening a file in XD. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TanyaStashko,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to open the local XD file. Please try the below steps-

If this doesn't help, please share the XD file with me over a private message so that we can look into the issue.  

Note: Upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue. This a a massive document that would take a week to recreate. Hoping there's a way to solve the issue. 

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps below.

Here is a link to the document:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jM1DZiQkrGj2UuufjjvubgyvCHmT5q9p/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have same problem, error 86. Tried renaming the file, opening on few other machines, but nothing helps. Can you please help me? 

josephh65660972_0-1680526428327.pngjosephh65660972_1-1680526444705.pngjosephh65660972_2-1680526456079.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @josephh65660972,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to open XD local documents. We would like to know if these document has been obtained by the asset reclamation process. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message so that we can check on our end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

We are seeing similar issues with the documents which have been obtained after reclamation.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TroopMessenger_1686202954680.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TroopMessenger_1686202954680.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been having the same issue for a couple days now, and none of the solutions suggested here seem to help. I've sent you @HARSHIKA_VERMA a private message if you could check it. Thank you.
Or if anyone here could find a way to fix this error using any other tip I would be so grateful to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anastasia CP,

Sorry to hear you are unable to open your XD file, and thank you for sharing the link to the file. Thank you for providing the link to the file. To assist you further, kindly grant me access to view and download the XD file.  I assume these are your locally saved files.

Additionally, please provide information about the version of XD you are using and the specifications of your operating system.

We will make every effort to help you resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your reply.
I have given you access to the folder also, sorry for that. The version of XD we're using is the latest 57.0.12 and I'm running it on a Macbook Pro (M1 chip Pro, 16 GB and 13 OS).
I hope we can solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

Did you get to check the file? Any news?

Kind regards,
Anastasia A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anastasia,

Apologize for the trouble. I've already reported the issue to our team for investigation, and they are currently working on recovering the file. I will make sure to keep you informed of any updates regarding the bug.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope nothing regarding that

--
Padma -
Mvcraftsnest <> Youtube
Channel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I had the same problem and the solution was as follows:

1) Open the Adobe Cloud app

2) Go to the "Files" tab.

3) Drop the corrupted file into the "Files" folder in Adobe Cloud. The application will show a message to convert the file to Adobe XD format.

4) Wait for loading. Once that's done, rename the file and open it in Adobe XD.

These procedures worked for me and it recovered the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i'm having this same issue. a file i work in all the time is suddenly returning an error:86. it happened after google drive reindexed my files for some reason and tossed 6 files in the "lost and found" folder in library>application support. so i have the missing file but cannot open it. this is months of work. i'm running vsn 57.1.12.2 on mac os sonoma 14.0. please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines