• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to preview Adobe XD prototype link on Edge browser

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im hoping you can provide some advice why XD links and embed codes do not work in the Edge browser. I have looked at other posts and followed the advice but it still does not work and a red bar appears with the error message: 'There was a problem displaying this prototype...'

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 16.01.11.png

 
The Edge browers is fully up to date, as is the OS. I have tested the same XD on other browsers and it works perfectly.

This error seems to happen randomly so if you can provide some advice as to why this is happing please that would be greatly appreciated.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We would like to know more about this prototype:

- if anything specific in this prototype like gamepad or audio playback interaction.

- Xd version

- Number of assets are selected for Export

- Approx Number of components used 

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, also please can I ask, how long do the prototype links stay on your servers for, is there a shelf life?

And can an unlimited amount of people access them at the same time to view and interact with?

Also is there a number of the amount of links we can have under our Adobe license that are online at the same time?

I work for a company that produceds designed learning resources, and we use XD for online interactive articles, where our learners can access them to get information accorss a range of topics... so we have multiple links to XDs that run simultaneously. (Hence the importance for them to work on all browsers).

Thanks in advance for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your swift replies, its greatly appreciated.

- if anything specific in this prototype like gamepad or audio playback interaction.
Nothing specific and no audio - just basic 'slide left' transistions from 8 buttons on the home page, with each button going to 1 page.

- Xd version
Version 45.1.62.3 - although it was published via a previous version when sent out

16 buttons

Can i ask, would images of a resolution of 300 cause a problem when using the edge browser? As the error described above works on all the other browers just not edge...

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just one last question for you please, is it ok to keep layouts in the prototype stage and use them via the embed codes? Currently this is how we use the software, and do not generate code from them so i wanted to ask if you can forsee any future problems with us using the softeare this way.

Many thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim van Vlymen,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to view the prototypes in the Edge browser. In addition to what Anita has requested, we would also request you to please try the steps suggested for Edge in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-view-web-prototypes.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Thank you Anita Subedi for your contribution to our XD community. We really appreciate your presence. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your swift replies, its greatly appreciated.

Nothing specific and no audio - just basic 'slide left' transistions from 8 buttons on the home page, with each button going to 1 page.

- Xd version
Version 45.1.62.3 - although it was published via a previous version when sent out

16 buttons

Can i ask, would images of a resolution of 300 cause a problem when using the edge browser? As the error described above works on all the other browers just not edge...

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, i have followed that link and tried what is suggested... but the edge browser is fully up to date, as is the operating system and graphics drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your pateince.

- Artifact link will be there as long as your account is open.

- Public link can be access by whoever you share the link at the same time.

- Whereas, private link may require the individual sharing access.

- If you have Paid id, you can create unlimited link until your cloud storage gets full.

And for the issue in Edge,

I have tried the same scenario but unable to see a red toast . Its working fine from our side on Edge.

Can I get sample link, you can just create similar link without any private information. It would be easier for us to investigate the root cause of issue.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita, 

Thanks for checking and all the info you have provdided, its of great help.

Here is a sample link that has been reported as not working on edge... we are really stumped as to why its not working and getting that issue... as we have followed the suggested guidance you have mentioned... (Edge is up to date, OS and GPU drivers are all up to date). This is happening more and more since the 18th December 2021... possibly due to a browser update?

https://xd.adobe.com/view/fda5973c-45fd-40a5-a781-8094e697bde3-a8f6/

As i mentioned we use XD for interactive articles, and so multiple people access it at any given time. The above is a good example of the kind of thing we use your software to make (as i mentioed i work for a company that creates interactive learning resources) and this needs to be accessibe from all the main browsers.

Please can i ask, as we use these resources in their prototype stage.. and use the embed code to upload to platforms like Fuse Univerersal and Aptem... can you forsee any issuses/problems we may encouter in using the software in this way? 

We have a teams license for the adobe creative suite and use XD alot for this purpose.. so its crucial that they display as intended. Your advice and guidcance is really appreciated.

Lastly we have a lot of protoypes in use and just wanted to check, as you mentioned that we can have as many links as we want until our cloud storage gets full. How much storage do we have on our license (is it allocated to individuals on the teams license) and whats the best way to check how much storage we have left? We are discussing hosting them ourselves to overcome this issue, do you have any guidance on this or best practice?

Many thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Have you had a chance to review the link that i sent you? We are still experiencing the problem with edge, and it is urgent as we have multiple links not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have gone through your link and it works fine in my microsoft edge version 97.0.1072.62 

We are sorry but it is difficult to find the error edge prototypr.png

Does this sample link is also throwing error in your edge?

Could you please provide us Development view of link as design review sample link  is of no use, its working fine from our side and we can't check the details of elements.

- Embed code should work fine in all other web, until the link is not deleted or updated to private.

- You can check the storage by clicking on your profile icon present on top right corner of  XD and explore more about your plans.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita, thanks for your reply and for checking the link. It seems that some links work in the edge browser... but their embed codes do not.

Please can you check the embed code for the same layout as preiously sent, which is:

<iframe width="975" height="540" src="https://xd.adobe.com/embed/fda5973c-45fd-40a5-a781-8094e697bde3-a8f6/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And then feedback as to why this embed code doesnt work in the edge browser but does on others such as Chrome? As I say its a huge concern for us as we use the embed codes in systems like the Aptem Software... and this is where our learners access the learning resources (such as this one).

Many thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the issue is back with the Edge Browser, an update seemed to have fixed the issue and the XDs were working as they should do on edge, but another edge update has come out and now none of them are working again.

Would it be possible for you to look into what MicroSoft are doing in their updates becuase there is something in there that is disrupting the embed codes displaying properly. Its a concern that their updates are doing this, they could do another one next week and it will be fine again but we have no control over this and the prototypes need to work all the time.

To gain an understaning of whats going on with edge and Xds would be great. Is the problem 100% to do with the edge browers as they XDs did work fine and now they dont?

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Any update on this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines