Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save file locally in Adobe XD - Lost Work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to save a file locally and I keep getting a pop up saying my file cannot be saved.

This only happens when trying to save locally and has only become a problem reccently. I assume this could be a bug with a reccent update?

I've lost work because it hasn't saved properly.

Please find image attached.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening while saving the file on a local hard drive or locally synched network folders like Google drive?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. Latest version of XD 36.2.32.5 and mac0S Big Sur Version 11.1

2. Is has happened with multiple XD documents.

3. I am saving to locally synched Google Drive.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the asked information. Would you mind updating XD to the current version 37.0 and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue? I would also suggest trying renaming one file after creating a backup of its original and see if that helps.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated to the latest version of XD 37.1.32 and I am still having the same problem. I still get the same pop up message from my original post. I have tried renaming the file but it still has the same issue. I am using the cloud for now so my work is safe but I'd really expect this bug to be fixed for people saving to Google Drive.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add to this string. Same exact issue is happening to me. Extremely frustrating! I have to do a Save As Local Document using the same filename in order to save—which does save the content, but obliterates the Shared link, causing me to have to generate a separate/additional link—which doesn't carry over the comments from the original Shared link... So my team and I are forced to juggle multiple links in order to keep track of feedback. Please fix asap – this is a productivity killer. Mac OS 10.15.7 Updated xd yesterday in an attempt to fix (no luck), then there was another update today - now on XD v 37.1.32.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more detail in case it helps: When attempting to save an altered file, the error message "The document "XXXXX" could not be saved" appears - no error message or other description. No option other than clicking OK. However, the unsaved changes indicator (black dot w/in the red Close dot in the upper left) is now gone... meaning there are no changes to be saved according to XD - closing the file at this point would mean losing all changes. Checking the timestamp of the file confirms that no save occured. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more detail: I am saving to a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I found a suggested solution that worked for few customers-

1. Right-click the Drive File Stream icon in the taskbar.
  2. Go to Preferences.
  3. Uncheck Real-time presence in Microsoft Office.
  4. Press 'OK'

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika, Sorry this doesn't help. I don't have google drive file stream. I'm only trying to save locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response, Chris. If you're still experiencing the issue with XD, could you please try changing the location of the file where you're trying to save it?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines