• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files as soon as the ctrl/cmd+Z stops working in XD 36.2 version.

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to share this issue that has been happening since the last XD update (36.2.32), and that is that files  aren't being saved for some reason.

Here is what has been happening with me.

------

I am using XD as usual with no plugins, no nothing installed in it, just using XD as it comes out of the box after downloading it.

After a while I notice that ctrl/cmd + Z simply stops working, but the file seems to be saving as usual, so no big deal.

Sometime later I save the file one last time and close it.  When I open it again, I notce that I've lost all my progress on that file because XD stopped saving my file.

------

It literally just happened to me and I lost about 2h worth of work, and it has not been the first time either.

I did notice that it usually happens whenever I try using XD with a cloud and a local file opened at the same time, but other than thaty, I have no idea what has been happening. Also, I noticed that this happens with more on Windows than on Mac (I've experienced this issues on both).

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Crash on windows , Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user and it also happened with me.

Cmd+Z stopped working for me, but I also experienced another symptom: XD would automatically undo certain changes I made in the file, like moving or duplicating an object. But it accepted other commands, like changing the fill color.

Closing the file would cause me to lose my work, so I had to do something similar to what's been reported above. In my case, creating a local file for backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD. We would like to know few details in order to investigate and escalate the issue to our team-

After collecting the logs, please try signing out of XD, close all Adobe processes from the task manager/Activity monitor, sign out of the Creative Cloud app, restart the machine and then sign back in.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is this not solved after 2 months and 3 major versions? This is clearly a dealbreaker. And it is similar with the bug where opacity change causes undo to stop working (which is present for more than 3 years). Why do you need a long to fix this. There is a 10 click reproducible case.

I don't know if this bug is related to the other one, but I have a feeling it might be. 

And do not misunderstand me: THIS IS A CRITICAL P1 BUG WITH PERMANENT DATA LOSS AND NO RECOVERY POSSIBILITY.

Reproduction steps:

• Launch XD
  • Create new file
  • Crete new shape with color
  • Save as Cloud document
  • Quit XD

• Launch XD
  • Open the file
  • Move shape
  • Undo change (working)
  • Change opacity of the fill
  • Move object
  • Undo change
    • expect to work
    • actual undo is not working
  • Close XD

• Launch XD
  • Open the file

Expect - last version with changed opacity and latest position
Actual - original opacity and position before the opacity was set

This is a minimal use case, where the saving recovers after some time. But on longer projects this is not the case (in any meaningful amount of time)

• XD Version: 39.0.12.12
  • What is the approximate local time this happened: 1pm
  • What is the OS version of your machine? Windows 20H2 19042.964 - fully patched
  • Was that a cloud file or a local file? cloud
  • Are you able to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents? yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines