• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to scroll adobe XD prototype embedded in adobe portfolio on mobile.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am attempting to embed multiple XD prototypes into my portfolio website. They look great and operate well on my laptop, but when I try to view my website on my phone, I'm unable to scroll past the embeded sections. If I tap and swipe in the margins between the embeded sections or if I swipe from the bottom of the sceen I am able to scroll, but that is not ideal for others viewing my website. It's as if the embeded sections are immovable objects when I try to drag them.

here's an example of one of the XD files I am trying to embed, the others are all very similar.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/69ee6093-4f21-4a54-bf65-a96c3bd3e9c0-3cbd/

I also have a video of this bug from my phone if that is helpful.

thank you for your thoughts and responses.

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If the actual prototypes are working on web browser and on the mobile device then this looks more of a portfolio related issue, so I'd recommend checking with the Portfolio Support direclty.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded content is inserted into an <iframe>, sort of a page within a page.  To escape from the <iframe>, tap or click somewhere outside the <iframe> boundaries.  That's just normal and expected browser behavior with inline frame elements.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that is kinda what I feared. Is there any way to work around this? I don't think most people viewing my website would know they had to scroll outside of the iframe, and it messes with the flow of the website pretty substantially if you cannot scroll easily.

Either way, thank you for the clarification that this is working as intended!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't embed.  Use an external link to the XD project.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately this does not work with the design of my website. Ideally the XD embeds will blend seamlessly into the page like an image would. 

It seems like this problem can be fixed with some extra css code but portfolio does not accept <div> class, only <iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines