Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see "edit" option in paragraph styles globaly in my library in XD

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have an issue with editing my paragraph styles. The Adobe XD help tells me, that is possible to edit paragraph styles I saved to my library globaly and apply it to all linked paragraphs on my artboards. https://helpx.adobe.com/de/xd/help/assets-symbols.html

But unfortunately this is not working at my XD. So I have to create a new paragraph style and have to relink all paragraphs to it again on my art boards.

Do anyone knows a solution to this?

Kind regards
Benni

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi Harshika,

I had some further research and found out that the way I want to edit my paragraph styles is not possible.

What i wanted:

Add a paragraph style from any XD document to a any XD library and being able to edit this paragraph style globaly no matter in which document I created or added the paragraph style.

The XD way:
Add the paragraph Style to the documents library > when I linked the paragraph style to another document and want to change the paragraph style I have to open the source docu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benni,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the screenshot. I am able to see the Edit option at my end. We would like to know the version of XD and the OS of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

nice to hear from you. Sorry, I should have posted these informations in the beginning (:

Here are my Systeminformations:

Thanks,

Benni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the requested information, bs28090165.  Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 44 version?

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I had some further research and found out that the way I want to edit my paragraph styles is not possible.

What i wanted:

Add a paragraph style from any XD document to a any XD library and being able to edit this paragraph style globaly no matter in which document I created or added the paragraph style.

The XD way:
Add the paragraph Style to the documents library > when I linked the paragraph style to another document and want to change the paragraph style I have to open the source document with its library, then I can change styles (globaly)

So thanks a lot, Harshika for your replies (:
I think I am okay with the XD way 😄

Thanks,
Benni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to know that you figure out the way for editing paragraph styles and thanks for sharing that with us, Benni. 

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines