• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see specs on hidden content inside scroll groups on developer link in XD

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is worrying. I need to pass my XD layouts to the dev team, but I might have to produce ols school PSDs just for them to get the spces on parts of a scroll group that aren't visible.

The problem is this:

On the comment section of a developer link, you can scroll and see the content, when going to the Asset view, the conent can't be scrolled nor clicked (the outlines are stuck on the first elements of the group, even if you are seeing elements that are below in the scroll group.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for reaching out. We have logged a bug for the issue for investigation purpose. Could you please share your OS and XD version of your machine? Please share the XD link as well so that we can attach with the bug.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023, and I am still facing this issue. When will this problem be resolved?

That is why we are using Figma for a lot of projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AmolG15,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the frustration. You can select the object inside the scroll group, use Command/CTRL+click or just right-click above the object.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @HARSHIKA_VERMA, your solution is not helping at all. Using Command/Ctrl+click does not select the object that is hidden in scroll groups. Please raise this issue to the developers and come up with a better solution. UI designers don’t want to waste the limited canvas space creating long screens just for the sake of showing the long contents to our developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The development specific link is not working as we are not ablet to select the objects nor the images can be exported. Kindly do guide how to resolve this issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Inside a vertical scroll element the dev team cannot read all the specs (using the link) on the objects what are not on the main screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing same issue. this is worst thing. Dont bring such feature if we cant deliver to developers. Right now I received call from devs that they unable to inspect the screen component/elements.Then I found out that if you use scroll group then this issue comes. RIP Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared the xd file and got no answers back!
I think that's a great usability and handoff problem that must be solved as quickly as possible. Together with the fact that if you are working well and have a lot of screens the link starts to be slow. You need something as soon as possible like the online Figma version because this link think is almost useless. Not to mention that everything out of the artboards (like hints of screen grupings) cannot be displayed via lhe link. Only solution? Talk to all the developers to install the free XD version, learn the basic use and open your file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, they did provide feedback, but they still don’t seem to understand the problem. I recorded a small video about the problem - view specs and selecting objects outside the "first view" area. I hope this helps. If not then I hope we can tell them together somehow, because this is an extremely big problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue.

I have elements in a scroll group that extends below the viewport.

When I scroll down and then select Specs view in the browser, I can click on elements but it is the element in that position "above the fold" rather than the element that is currently in view.

Not scrolled

ChrisWT_0-1629396873446.png

Scrolled

ChrisWT_1-1629396995056.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See that the add_circle element is selected even though it is not in view

P.S. MacOS BigSur 11.5.2, Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Link is proprietary, cannot share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's starting to get ridiculous. I sended a video, and screens about this here (dicomLAB is also me).
It's a major handoff issue, devs cannot (not able to) acces all the elements inside a vertical or horizontal scroll (group) through the shared link. I'm waiting the fix in every update, but still nothing. Had already another project where I created two versions from a page, one with the scroll groups to show it to the stakeholders, and another for the devs that scrolls other than it should be (full page scroll), just to give developers access to off-screen items...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and we're still facing the same issue. It's impacting a lot of our processes and output. 
It would be very helpful if you provide a solution fast to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge landing page handed over to me where there are several sliders that I cannot view the contents of because I can't scroll in dev mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this yet?  
My team cannot get any specs below the fold
https://xd.adobe.com/view/690974a8-fe26-4c84-9cce-01651a58ff48-3c5a/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contacted support. Adobe's answer is to not use scroll groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines