Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select different object from different stacked groups in XD

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some reason this feature doesn't work.

Basically, let;s say we have 2 groups that are stacked. If I want to select one element from one group and another element from the other group, using Ctrl and click, it doesn't work, instead, all the elements from both groups are selected. Is there a fix for this? It's very time consuming not to be able to select this way. Everything works fne when the STACK feature isn't enabled.

Thanks,

Chris

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Hi Chris.banu,

In addition to hrashika's reply , Would like to add to this,  tried to reproduce that what you'r mentioning, Well its how its works [ working as designed], Once the objects made it as a group and enabled stack both the elements will be selected, Will try our best to find any workaround on this.

Hope it helps ,

Regards,
Ashwini 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chris.bannu,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble you're experiencing elements in the stack. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on my windows machine and it's working fine at my end.

Could you please share a video of your workflow for better understanding? Please share the version of XD and the OS of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure how to show that in a video, I explained pretty clearly what I'm experiencing 🙂 I'll think about how to do that, but you could pass this to the devs as well, it's a pretty obvious thing, and I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, but simply the way it works.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.banu,

In addition to hrashika's reply , Would like to add to this,  tried to reproduce that what you'r mentioning, Well its how its works [ working as designed], Once the objects made it as a group and enabled stack both the elements will be selected, Will try our best to find any workaround on this.

Hope it helps ,

Regards,
Ashwini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashwini,

Thank you for the reply.

It doesn't make much sense, if I want to chaneg the color to certain items from different stacked groups, I have to do that one at a time. If it works how it's designed, then it needs some rethinking 🙂

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines