Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : Unable to update library components in Xd documents

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing a huge problem with the use of my libraries in Adobe Xd. I first got a loading problem of my libraries in Adobe Xd which is now resolved, but now I'm facing another problem much more annoying.

I have created a Xd library few months ago, library that is shared in the Creative Cloud so I can use it in other Xd docs. I can update my library itself, but I can't update any components in the documents that use this library. Each time I try to update my component (see screenshot, where I have 3 components updated in the library, that I want to update in the documents that use my components through the library), an error message pops up saying "Unable to update the component due to an error" (translated from french, so might not be as exact as the original english version, even if this error message isn't helping at all!)

MarieMarie_0-1628242417568.png

MarieMarie_1-1628242512211.png

I already tried to relaunch Creative Cloud, Xd apps, my computer, even delete the folder "libraries" from the installation folder of adobe, etc, but nothing worked. I am pretty desperate as I cannot apply any updates to my documents that use my library...

If anyone has already encountered this problem or got an idea on how to solve it, please let me know what I need to do!

Thanks in advance for your help

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Hi Marie!

I just had a similar problem:

1. When clicking on the update button or the banner, I could see the progress bar rapidly going from 0 to 100, and then nothing.
  2. Right before this happened I just changed the groups and subgroups of all my components to tidy up a little bit (some groups have been renamed, some have been moved, and some have been deleted)
  3. What fixed it for me was to unpublish the library and publish it again. 

I know Adobe is trying to make all of this go a little bit smoother, bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that you have updated XD to the latest version which is 42.1. In case if it's already up to date, please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD and CC Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related processes from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Reboot the computer.
  4. Sign back in on the CC Desktop app and launch XD from there and check if this solves the issue.

In case if it still doesn't work, we'll need to test this on a live session, please contact us using this link https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Many thanks for your quick answer.

Unfortunately nothing solved the problem, and yes I already had the latest version of Adobe Xd.

I just looked at your link to plan a live session but didn't manage to find any contact form where I can make my request. Do you have any other way to contact you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue 2 years later. I could try steps 1-4 you listed, orrrrrrr Adobe could release a product that actually does what it claims to do? I can't believe Adobe charges what it does for such buggy, unreliable products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to update your components?

If you are using the "Update All (3)" (translated to English) button at the bottom, then try updating each Component individually using "Update" from context (right-click) menu of each Component.

If that still doesn't work, I suspect that you may have Nested Components from a different source document which also have pending updates. Try opening each source file directly and apply any pending updates first.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

I already tried to update components individually but got the exact same error.

And yes, I have nested component, but not from different files. They are all in the same document, and I'm still unable to update them 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't think of anything else to try. It's possible that your component was corrupted in some way, so it may be easiest to recreate the component. If you find a reproducible recipe to cause that to happen, please share it with us so we can fix it!

Regards,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem doesn't seem to be on the component itself, but on all the component of any document. If I create a new component on my document, I will not be able to update it after modifying it in the source document.
And I can't recreate my entire file as I have a lot of components in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may not be connected to Creative Cloud. Open the Creative Cloud app, and also make sure that you are logged in.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that I already checked this kind of problem. And yes, I'm connected to the Creative Cloud through the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there i have same problem i have issue that i am not able to update components and its started on Monday. I have just icon library so not nested components. Now i am unable to continue at my work its worked at friday and now i cant continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unable to update component because of an error." is a generic error, so I'm not really sure what went wrong. Some general things to check:
* You are logged into Adobe Creative Cloud
* Library wasn't deleted
* You still have permission to use Library
* Library source document does not have any un-Published changes
* That component still exist in Library

Hope this helps,
Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas ? The problem isn't solved, and I can't work anymore on adobe with this problem.

I'm now considering to leave adobe Xd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie!

I just had a similar problem:

1. When clicking on the update button or the banner, I could see the progress bar rapidly going from 0 to 100, and then nothing.
  2. Right before this happened I just changed the groups and subgroups of all my components to tidy up a little bit (some groups have been renamed, some have been moved, and some have been deleted)
  3. What fixed it for me was to unpublish the library and publish it again. 

I know Adobe is trying to make all of this go a little bit smoother, but I am kind of getting annoyed of all these bugs everywhere when competitors solutions are way cheaper and better integrated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines