• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo (Ctrl+Z) stops functioning randomly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a huge fan of Adobe XD, but I've been experiencing problems for a long time now. On the Windows side of things, the Undo or Ctrl+Z will stop functioning randomly, and this happens quite frequently. The only solution I've found is closing Adobe XD and reopening it. The other issue is Adobe XD will occasionally get stuck on a blank or loading screen until It's reopened again. Can Adobe please fix this problem? I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and Adobe XD...

I'm on a Surface Pro 6 at the moment, so the machine certainly isn't old. I did not experience this on the iMac I owned a while back, it only seems to be on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yamcha you've said you've been experiencing an issue for a while now, with the recent update is the Ctrl-z combination still functioning randomly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. It's still a problem on the latest Adobe XD version for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next time this happens, can you let us know what you happened to be doing at the time? This will help us to diagnose the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here. Can't undo things and can't copy-paste components anymore. Even if I do a restart I immediately get the same problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teun,

I understand that it could be annoying. I'd like to know if you are using Windows OS here? If yes, could you please share the version of XD which you are using at the moment?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the latest version of XD on my Macbook. Found the problem through the Adobe chat. It bugged when I was using edited components that were made in previous versions of XD. If I touched that it blocked the overall copy paste and redo undo options. I ungrouped the component and created it again as a new component and then the bug was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Teun Kunen by the way 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roel -

Could you confirm what version of XD are you running? and what's are the steps you took to get to that bug?

Thanks

-Sherif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save and Restart Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using xd 2021 version and still facing the issue of Ctrl + Z not working.

Please let me know what can be done apart from restarting the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still happening. That's interrupting my workflow a bit 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, This issue occured again on November 15th 2020, Adobe XD 34.4.12 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on an iMac (Late 2015). My Creative Cloud also had to be relaunced. I wonder if this may be a problem with my computer though (Getting a tad old). Is anyone else still experiencing this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a hardware problem. The sole fact It's so random and occurs on different machines suggests it's just a software problem. But we won't be getting it fixed for at least a year, since Adobe can't even acknowledge this exist in the first place. When they finally do (which I hope they will), it will take them another couple of months to fix (in the best case scenario).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening again.. for some reason when I duplicate a text layer (at least that's the pattern I found so far) sometimes it just stops working, as in, i cant zoom in or out, I cant undo-redo, in fact the functions seem disabled in the "edit" option.. and the only option is to close everything and lose my changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem only occur with Adobe XD or other Adobe suite software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I've only had this issue with Adobe XD, but I don't really use any other software as much these days. I've kind of switched to XD for nearly everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still present on the latest version of Adobe XD. The undo command stops functioning, but it's very hard to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue. Today, I was just moving elements around, and the undo function stops working once again. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe XD, but it didn't make a difference. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 (1903), I'm also using the latest Adobe XD version - 20.1.12.4 which I just updated today.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yamcha,

Sorry to hear that you're still facing the issue with the Ctrl+Z or Undo function in XD. I would like to know a few more details like:-

• If it's happening with other shortcuts like a copy (ctrl+c) and paste(ctrl+v) or just Ctrl+Z.
  • Does anything help? Restarting XD, restarting the machine, exiting other apps other?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember if it happens with copy or paste, but I'll be sure to check the next time. Restarting XD fixes the problem, but the issue occurs again after a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Verma,

I'm using XD since it was "project comet" and also a big fan of it. Using actively the mac versions, I'm facing same problem after recent updates. The Undo(Command+Z), Paste(command+V) not working randomly. This extremely frustrating and killing my productive time.

Hopefully it will be fixed otherwise, must have to switch.

Thanks,

Rouf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rouf,

We're sorry for the Frustration. We'd like to know a few more details like:

• Is it happening with a specific file or all the files?
  • Are you trying to copy/paste components or text?
  • Does it happen on a specific step?
  • Have you tried to restart, sign out/in from Creative cloud desktop app?

Please let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to specific files in my case (and specific artboards!). In new ones problem doesn't exist. I tried to realunch CC, but it still don't works.

It looks like in my case there is only one artboard bugged and after taking actions to it "undo" and "redo" don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
It still happens when I do other projects. Although the file is very lightweight, "Ctrl Z" did not work after about 1 hour of using XD. It has been since I updated the latest version, which is really inconvenient. And also the problem of saving the file again, after " Ctrl Z '' does not work, there is an error saving the file, you can only select `" Save as "to cloud storage or another copy to overwrite. Hope you find the error soon and update it again.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It's quite intermittent and it's hard to be clear about the steps leading up to it.

Here are a few things I've noticed.

• The behaviour is to lock out undo completely - it is disabled in the menu and the shortcut doesn't work.
  • So far it only seems to happen on files edited on the Windows XD. Once a file is damaged in this way, it will lock out undo when opened on both Windows and Mac XD.
  • It seems to be related to specific files, and to specific objects (it seems to be possible to delete objects until the problem goes away, but it's not clear what it is about the object deleted that makes a difference). So it seems it's an object corruption of some kind.
  • I can cause the same behaviour on a Mac by copying an object from a file created on Windows XD and pasting it into a file I created on the Mac which otherwise didn't have any problems. In this case, though, i can restart XD and the file works fine.

My feeling is that there is a particular configuration of an object that, when placed on the clipboard is causing the clipboard system to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines